Brain Storm

MrScuito

So, I'm building a tiny tank and I want to have a tiny skimmer but I'm having a hard time seeing it in my head. I need it to be small really small and even though it's more novelty than anything else I would like it to work. The project is a .8 gal tank I have some pics in the tank thread.

Any Ideas would be great as well as any referance to other mini pico tank builds.

I have seen many 1 liter plastic bottle with airstone DIY skimers on youtube. Maybe ya could do one with a smaller plastic bottle like "bug juce". I have looked at your build thread for it and I'm curious as to why ya need a skimmer. You could do like a 1cup water change daily or so. Do you have a bigger tank running aswell? Is it more of just to see if ya can?

Build one out of tubing just like a full scale one. What size were you thinking it should be? Would you be putting in your sump? I'm sure it would be easy to make one that would look scaled down, but to get it to work right is another question. If you give me the dimentions you were thinking of, I would like to try and build in out of acylic tube.

I'd use one of those plastic uptake tubes they have for undergravel filters, or get one of the really small gravel vacuums and use the part you stick into the gravel. I think you are going to have to heat it and mold it to form the neck. And its definitely going to be air driven, and probably not at all effective.

If you give me the dimentions you were thinking of, I would like to try and build in out of acylic tube.

OK the stand for the tank is 6" tall 10" long and 6" wide

the tank that sits on the stand is 6"x6" and 5" tall

if you look at these pics http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18521

there is room at the back right side of stand opposite the return pipe. the stand could be drilled so a skimmer go go thru it into the sump so it could be 12" tall and 2" diameter and still be well hidden. oh and the sump 4"x5" and about 4" and a smidge tall think recipe box.

You might try using the Oceanic model they make for the Biocube line of tanks

that might work. I could'nt find the specs there do you know where to find some specs for that or somplace local that sells it so I can see one in person? Idealy I want it to be about 6" long no longer then 12" for sure and about 2 1/2 diameter or smaller. I also would like it to be homemade. "its the challenge" and I've been unemployed since november so I'm broke and bored and thought I should find a use for all the broken crepe I tend to collect "just in case"