CLEANERS

TankIt

As with most people on here I prefer to buy locally whenever I can to support our local economy. But I was really trying to find a specific type of shrimp and gorgonian and they are impossible to find locally. I never find a healthy gorgonian at any of our LFS, they always have bare branches or skeletons showing on the tips or big spots in the middle. When doing a search for some wholesale suppliers of livestock a while ago I came across this company in the Florida Keys.

http://www.ccritters.com/index.html

Well I finally ordered from them a couple weeks ago and thought I would share some information. The livestock I got was amazing. We all frequent the LFS looking for that perfect hard to find coral, I was looking for colors we don't get around here......

Here is a list of what I ordered from them:

2 purple ricordia

1 deep blue ricordia

1 green St. Mushroom

1 blue St. Mushroom

1 purple frilly gorgonian

1 red ball sponge

Shipping 2 days was only $16!

The quality of livestock I received was unbelievable. I have never seen a gorgonian this beautiful or THICK and nearly 8" tall for only $12! And the red ball sponge is nearly 6" across and 5" tall its huge and heavy! I will get some pictures and post them as soon as I can. Also with the ricordia the blue one I ordered had 5 mouths on it!

The only problem I had with the order was that what I was sold as purple ricordia really looked green and orange in my tank. I don't think this is because of my lighting and they were more than happy to fix this problem in any way I wanted. They also offered to include extra with my next order to help make up for this problem. I know sometimes color can vary under different lighting, as I know that is not the problem in this case they have been extremely generous in fixing my order. Something many companies will not even consider. They care about the livestock and that is their first priority! Everything was packaged very nicely and securely!

I am going to be ordering from them again on friday or saturday this week if anyone wants to throw in on the order, let me know asap. They have great cleaners too. The only downside is if there is something not available they will not ship the order until it is complete, but this is mainly just for fish or some of the rare shrimps. So it could be a few week before you get the order..... They have some really nice/rare Angels.....

I will try to post some pics tomorrow after work if I can round up a camera. The pictures on their site do not do them justice!

gorgonian

I know me either and I have tried for years as I LOVE them! Every square inch of this thing is packed fill of polyps, all the way down to the base. No damage anywhere even from shipping! not a single spot! I couldn't believe it!!!!

shipping

The more you buy, the more the shipping will be. But you can USPS and it takes about 2 days to get here. So for $16 its worth it. UPS shows its really high but if you e-mail her with your order she will let you know of the exact price and itll be less than what it shows online.

Some Pictures

So they are not the best as I just had a cheap kodak that is about 15 years old but here we go.... You get the idea I hope.

I am doing an order again later this week if anyone wants to go in. Everything has been in my tanks for about 2 weeks and doin great!

post-2537-141867753715_thumb.jpg

post-2537-141867753719_thumb.jpg

post-2537-141867753722_thumb.jpg

post-2537-141867753725_thumb.jpg

WOW

really bad pics do not do anything justice. I have since mounted the gorgonian in an area of higher flow up on the rocks. The pictures show some smudges where it looks like flesh is coming off. but this is not the case. there is no flesh rubbed off anywhere and there is now polyps up and down every square inch of it! I am getting from a friend in next day or so to feed my tank and gorgonian some live rotis......:DYummy