Any interest in a group buy for Apex controllers?

jackaninny

So I talked to Neptune (Apex manf.) and they do not do group buys directly. I will call some LFS here in Portland tomorrow and see if any of them are interested. I will also contact Premium Aquatics as I have heard they might sponsor such a buy also.

Any LFS owners feel free to PM or post if you are interested.

I checked on a recent group buy where the pricing somewhere around the following:

Apex Lite (8 buyers) = $320

Apex Lite (16 buyers) = $298

Apex (6 buyers) = $434

Apex (12 buyers) = $404

So that's our ballpark. I'll post more info when I get it - keep posting if you are interested.

just some input as I had to look at diffrent sites and the packages are different. What are the options are you including with the price. For Example, the Apex for $404, does that include the base module, display, pH probe (lab or standard grade), temperature prop, EB 8, etc. This will make it easier to compare.

Different sites have different packages. I paid a bit more as I went with lab grade probes which cost more.

Well - I think we have a solution to the Apex group buy. Over at nano-reef.com someone had started an Apex group buy but it was contingent on becoming a member of SFVR. Now it looks like they've lifted that

restriction and are opening the group buy to all comers.

The group buy prices for (one unit per group buy member only)

Apex Base Package w/standard ph probe: $395

-1 Apex Base Unit

-1 PH standard Probe

-1 Temperature Probe

-1 Apex Display Module w/ 10’ AquaBus cable

-1 EnergyBar 8

-1 6’ AquaBus cable

-1 Owner’s Manual

Apex Base Package w/out ph probe: $365

-1 Apex Base Unit

-1 Temperature Probe

-1 EnergyBar 8

-1 6’ AquaBus cable

-1 Owner’s Manual

Here is the thread

Any reason why we should pursue our own group buy instead of tagging along on this one? I have made contact with premiumaquatics.com and they can do a group buy for us but I don't know pricing yet since they were closed by the time I got the confirmation from their contact person. Like this current thread I think 12 units is where we would need to get to in order to get similar pricing. Two things we miss out on by not doing our own (that I can think of) 1)you have to mail payment or pay 3% more to cover Paypal fees and 2)$12 shipping BUT we might be able to get a group shipping discount if there are several of us.

Post your thoughts!

Ok. I have pricing back from Premium Aquatics for a group buy. For 6 Apex units it would be $445 and for 12 units it would be $420. Those prices include the package with standard pH probe.

1 - Apex Base Unit

1 - Apex Display

1 - EnergyBar 8 Power Strip

1 - Temperature Probe

1 - Standard Grade pH Probe

So that's $50 more than the Nano-Reef group buy but we get free shipping if we do our own so it's really $38. I did send a message to the group buy organizer and asked him about combining shipping if there is a group here that wanted to save on shipping - will update when I hear back from him.

The Apex group buy over at Nano-Reef.com will allow us to combine shipping so we can have all units shipped to one person and then distribute them ourselves.

Here is the Apex Group Buy Thread

and here is what you will be getting:

The Group Buy prices for; (one unit per Group Buy member only)

Apex Base Package w/standard ph probe: $395 (retails for $499)

-1 Apex Base Unit

-1 PH standard Probe

-1 Temperature Probe

-1 EnergyBar 8

-1 6’ AquaBus cable

-1 Owner’s Manual

May 3rd will be payment day, everyone participating in the Group Buy needs to send payment to the sponsor on the 3rd or you will not be able to participate, this needs to be a group buy purchase. Payment information will be will be emailed to the Group Buy members 5 days prior to deadline.

Out of state members pay no sales tax, paypal verified address must be

out of state. Sponsor will ship to out of state members for $12.00ea.

If payment is paypaled the sponsor will charge a 3% paypal fee. If the Group Buy member decides to pay cash, money order or check- there is no fee. Local members can pick up there order at one of our meets or make arrangements to meet at sponsors shop. Or you could opt for shipment $12.00

I think this is the best current offer out there if you are in the market for an Apex unit and I'm going to pull the trigger on it. If anyone else decides to do this you can let them know you are with PNWMAS for the group shipping. If our group wants we can have all the units shipped to my work address (safe and someone here to sign for it) and then either meet at a LFS or you can pickup from my office (off Carmen Drive where I-5 and 217 meet) -OR- I can re-ship you unit for actual shipping costs via UPS since we have a daily pickup and negotiated rates with them. Most places in OR/WA/ID should be max of two days shipping time and cost ~$8-9.

Post in this thread if you are going in on the deal and want group shipping.

i'm in on the nano-reef buy' date=' looks like a better deal. Plus you can get an extra EB8 for a good price if enough people buy.[/quote']

If we can just buy an extra EB8 I would be interested. I bought my apex a month ago...(sad)sad I missed out on this... this is a good deal guys!

Beth

I just got in on the nano-reef buy. Just hope more people sign up, so we can get the extra EB8s.

Thanks again jackaninny for posting the link. My wife is going to be mad though. I haven't told her that I subscribed to another "fish nerd forum". (laugh)

A little bit of an update on the ability to purchase additional add-ons for a group price:

-Standard pH probes (any amount) $38.00ea.

-Lab pH probes $58.00ea (12min group price), or $63.00ea. .

-PM2 $75.00ea (12min group buy price), or $80ea.

-Conductivity probes $110.00ea (12min group buy price ), or $120.00ea.

-EB8 $125.00 (12 min group buy price) Or $140.00 each

You can also substitute a lab grade pH probe for $45

Currently 14 peeps in for the base package so the $395 price is a lock unless people back out.

Bump. I think the count is up to 15 so the $395 price is a lock. You can also get several upgrades/accessories at a possible discount. Supposed to go to the end of the month but there was a mention of closing early so everyone could get their shipments sooner. Jump on it.

Bump - Time is almost up on the group buy - getting close to being be able to get an extra EB8 for $125 (12 buyers needed for that one item) in addition to the main Apex package for $395. I have only heard from one other local person about combining shipping so speak up soon if you are interested.