Myrionema hydroids?

andy

Has anyone had to deal with Myrionema hydroids? I've got a small patch or two that I need to handle before they become a real problem.. probably the result of my vodka-backed overfeeding habits. I've been thinking of kalk-pasting them, but the little bastards probably eat the stuff. (flame)

Has anyone had to deal with Myrionema hydroids? I've got a small patch or two that I need to handle before they become a real problem.. probably the result of my vodka-baked overfeeding habits. I've been thinking of kalk-pasting them' date=' but the little bastards probably eat the stuff. (flame)[/quote']

I may have mis read the title but I think Preperation H takes care of that-

and why do you bake Vodka while binge eating-

Dude I'm confused-;)

Has anyone had to deal with Myrionema hydroids? I've got a small patch or two that I need to handle before they become a real problem.. probably the result of my vodka-backed overfeeding habits. I've been thinking of kalk-pasting them' date=' but the little bastards probably eat the stuff. (flame)[/quote']

I have used Aiptasia X with pretty good luck, don't shake it up use it thick as possible.

Good Luck.

Hey Andy it was April 1st, hense the smart *** reply.

Do you have pics of these buggers-I googled Myrionema hydroids to read up and found a few threads were people had sucess and the pics I saw or at least the clear pics the person posted looked like blue clove polyps.

Be curious if you hada decent pic since these suckers (from what I read) can spread like crazy, and they did not sound good.

Just curious

I'm having trouble with a different type of hydroid, but if you try the panacur let us know Andy. I'm interested in how it effects different corals.

Mine are white and grow kinda like algae with branches creeping along rock/corals then sprouting up the hydroid. Like these

un.jpg

Luckily they are easy to remove with tweezers, but they grow so fast.

Another option is keyhole limpets are supposed to eat hydroids, but good luck finding them. I've been looking for over a year.

Another critter if you can find it, is the purple sea dragon slug. Those are even tougher to find.

I don't think my problem is big enough (yet!) to warrant pharmaceuticals. I just have a couple of patches about half the size of a dime each. I'll try the tweezers and superglue approach first.

Cool, thanks guys.

Brad, look here: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1550856

Thanks I saw both those pics when I ggoled it then I saw one that looked like blue clove polyps-that I have, or thought they were blue clove polyps-LOL

Thanks for the clearing that up-

Just an idea-what if you took the epoxy, like the two little fishies brand (beacause its red like coraline) and formed a sheet or strips depending on size and just layed it over like a large blanket of "DEATH"-LOL

I've done that before on certain things-