Are blue chromis suppose to kill each other?

Ryan

I bought 3 blue chromis last Sunday for my new tank...All 3 of them were very healthy looking & very active.

The first day they all schooled together and looked very friendly together. The second day they kind of swam around the tank on their own, then the third day, one began picking on the other two. The fourth day it got pretty bad, the other two were missing scales and pretty beaten up.

Both have since died, whereas the other looks to be in perfect health.

I have never had chromis before, so am not sure if this is normal behavior for them. I really like the movement they ad to the tank, but do not want fish that are that aggressive.

Also, will they bother other fish as well?

Re: Are blue chromis suppose to kill each other?

+1 on 6 or more. I had the same thing happen, but I didnt learn...so after the 2 died I added 2 more....then only 1 died.....till about 9 months later, then they started fighting again and I lost another one

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

If you have another aggressive fish in the tank that will gear them to school or team up. The survival behavior sort of makes them get along a lot better! I have a maroon clown that will not let chromis near the anemone and causes them to stick together. And lots of flow in the tank so they have a current to swim in together helps too. I got 6 and ended up with 4.

Clay

Mines are doing great since I started dosing Prozac (nutty)

Awww.. thats the secret. But maybe you should be taking your medicine instead LOL.

Sorry, couldnt help it.

I had a nice school of 7 for a few months, til the largest one started chasing the heck out of the next largest one. Ended up beating each one down and then the harrelquin tusk would finish them off.

Now I only got 3 left. Plan on buying a few more now that I got rid of the harrelquin. I will get them smaller than the biggest one, see if that helps.