New Vortech Models

jackaninny

Vortech has introduced a new MP10 and MP40 model called the Ecosmart (ES). Lots of pretty cool features and it gives an upgrade path to give the MP10/MP10ES model a wireless feature.

I have an MP10 in transit to me so I was a little bummed about old/new model but Vortech has a very reasonable upgrade path. For the MP10 to the MP10 ES it's $55 and for a MP10 to a MP10W ES is $85. The list price of the MP10 ES will be $220 and the MP10W ES will be $265. I might be a few bucks off but those prices are pretty close.

Ecosmart

I forgot to add they have similar models in the MP40 line. No changes to the MP20 line and with all the reviews of the MP10 I wonder if this means the MP20 is facing the end of the line.

• Like 1

Nope I am running a Korillia 2 and 3 with it. Wimpy' date=' Wimpy, Wimpy IMHO. I have a MP10 on my 40 gallon that puts out more flow than the MP20. At least it seems like it does.[/quote']

Shane, what do you keep your MP10 set on in your 40? I've got mine currently running on my 20 long until the 40 is finished and am curious about different settings. The only complaint so far is the noise, when it is jacked up to full power, it makes a LOT of noise, and I was wondering what might be causing that.

The instructions I read online at the Ecotech site said that they get noisy if the wet and dry side aren't aligned properly. Maybe the problem?

Andy, I get no noise at all when its turned down, but as soon as I turn it up, it gets real noisy, like, I can hear it 15' away laying on the couch.

Andy' date=' I get no noise at all when its turned down, but as soon as I turn it up, it gets real noisy, like, I can hear it 15' away laying on the couch.[/quote']

I'm getting my MP10 on Tuesday so I speak from experience at that time but in deciding between the MP10 and MP20 one thing I searched for on the forums was the noise difference between the models. I found many threads out there about noisy MP10 and it was usually a defective motor and the issue was resolved by calling support and having them troubleshoot - it usually ended with support sending out a new motor. Might be worth a call. I will report back when I get mine up and running.

Thanks Jack, I'll wait til you get yours and then go from there. I've actually set it so that its not lined up perfectly, and the noise made is totally different. It's lined up perfectly, and is completely noiseless as long as it's turned down to about 50% power or so, as soon as I go higher than that, it starts whining. Very Very annoying.