ACAN HELP

fathertime

So I have an amazing colonie of Acan with Red centers and grey outer rings. They were doing well in my tank for a while but were not opening up. As I put them at the top of the tank they turned a whitish color on the outside and a pinkish inner ring. I moved them down sort of under a ledge so they dont get light blasted (hopefully). I dont know what else to try. I have a pure atinic t5 a atinic plus t5 and a full spectrum t5 on the tank. Is that to much light? I have been trying to feed it misis but it doesn't seem to take it, I add rotofers as well which makes it open up the next day but still not looking good. I really dont want to lose it. I've enclosed a before and after photo.

post-6212-141867780738_thumb.jpg

post-6212-141867781021_thumb.jpg

its just bleached out from the light. Unfortunately the bleaching happens quickly but the recover takes awhile. Put back in the spot is was doing great in and give it a feed acouple times a week with mysis shrimp and it should recover fine. It will just take awhile to get its color back.

To help entice it to feed, try feeding just after lights out or before they come on.

I turn off my return pumps, and toss in a little food so they can start to open. Once the food hits the water they will start opening, but it takes a little while for them to open up fully where they will catch the food the best. I wait about 20 minutes the use a turkey baster to put the food right into each mouth.

IME with acans once they bleach the best way to get them to color back up and not start receding is to feed them. Once they are weak like yours is now they are not as good at catching food so you have to help them.

I have brought back several colonies that looked much worse then yours, even to the point where the polyps where pure white and the tissue was receding. You have a pretty good shot still IMO.

Hope the helps.