Jump to content

Plumbing question


Recommended Posts

Hey guys, I've got a bulkhead question for you.


The holes drilled in the back of my tank are roughly 1 5/8" diameter, what size bulkheads and piping would I need? Also, what kinda ball valves do I need to pick up?




1" bulk heads require a 1.65" hole. 1 5/8" = 1.625", are you sure your measurements aren't slightly off?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're exactly right ryan' date=' that's what I'm wantin to do with a valve, so I can shut off the water from the pump durin water changes[/quote']


If you are not using it to precisely control flow, and are just using the valve to shut your return down you should just pick up a ball valve from Home Depot or Lowes.


If you need to precisely control the flow of your return (such as the herbie return) then you would need a gate valve, which you can get online or from Harrisons Plastics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...