5.5g w/ 7g bucket sump

aguess

So here's my little setup running next to my desk at work.

I had a thread going on coralboard, that has the history of my desk tanks, but as no one uses that site... link to journey form 3gal cube to 5.5g sucket sump

I drilled a 3/4" bulkhead into a little 5.5g all-glass nano, and sent everything down to a 7 gallon brewers bucket.

A friend gave me a seaclone 100 that i have sticking out the top. Not pretty, but practical... I have a little RIO 800 as the return, and keep a 100w stealth heater in the bucket.

I'd like to add more live rock into the bucket , as now it's just a resivoir.

For livestock, i have a highfin goby and tiger pistol shrimp

for cleaners i have a: skunk cleaner, pom pom crab, sexy shrimp, small brittle star, blue leg hermit, and a few nerites

- and recently a sea hare

For corals, some green palythoas, hairy mushrooms, kenya tree, green star polyps, various zoas, a purple gorgonian, and some candycane (wasn't doing well in my main tank @ home) - just noticed the two different candycane pieces had their tentacles out and had to take pics

my little black sponge has taken fondly to one rock, and is sending chimneys everywhere

Currently I've been fighting hair algae, as one weekend a few months ago i left the blinds open and the sunlight hit the tank for the afternoon. The algae started form there. (I close the blinds now) The corals loved it though...

I picked up a sea hare last week to get munching on the algae, she seems to be plodding away happily

(i took a few rocks home and had my valentini and sailfin pick it clean overnight - unfortunately, it would still come back eventually)

The pics are *very* actinic at the moment, as

I picked up a 18" current usa slimpaq from craigslist that had all actinics, (I have a 10000k bulb coming from drsfosterandsmith)

To supplement the daylight, i have left my little 18w 50/50 CF coralife on the top...

gotta get back to work, i'll post more later

post-6094-1418677805_thumb.jpg

post-6094-141867780503_thumb.jpg

post-6094-141867780506_thumb.jpg

post-6094-141867780509_thumb.jpg