whats some weird, cool and unusual fish for a nano?

jason7504

flaming prawn goby huh? yeah those are nice but so small lol can you even see it in the tank? lol

My Tank is 15 gallon display with a Yashia goby, Geometric Pygmy Hawk, and a sixline wrasse, and I still wish I had gotten smaller fish (laugh)

I have about 30 gallons of sump on the system so I may get more fish still, but I think I'd go smaller like a group of small gobies like the trimmas or something.

The smallest seahorse available that does not require daily hatching of live food would be a fuscus. You might be able to do a pair in a 15g, but it would limit your other stocking choices. For a tank of that size it would really have to lean towards a planted tank, or have a super sump with filtration as a pair of fuscus need about two cubes of mysis a day, which is heavy on the biolaod side.

The best place to purchase these would be from Seahorsesource.com so you know what you are getting. I have never seen this species carried at an LFS in Oregon in my recolection, although Joel did try to order some for me once from ORA before seahorse source started there program.

If you need any help with seahorses, I'm always up for it. You can PM me here or email me at Kevin@seahorse.org.

For some further reading about seahorse tank inhabitants here is something a friend and I put together

http://www.seahorse.org/library/articles/tankmates/tankmates.shtml

HTH

The smallest seahorse available that does not require daily hatching of live food would be a fuscus. You might be able to do a pair in a 15g, but it would limit your other stocking choices. For a tank of that size it would really have to lean towards a planted tank, or have a super sump with filtration as a pair of fuscus need about two cubes of mysis a day, which is heavy on the biolaod side.

The best place to purchase these would be from Seahorsesource.com so you know what you are getting. I have never seen this species carried at an LFS in Oregon in my recolection, although Joel did try to order some for me once from ORA before seahorse source started there program.

If you need any help with seahorses, I'm always up for it. You can PM me here or email me at Kevin@seahorse.org.

For some further reading about seahorse tank inhabitants here is something a friend and I put together

http://www.seahorse.org/library/articles/tankmates/tankmates.shtml

HTH

yeah I was gonna get the fuscus if i did get seahorses but it would limit my other stocking options and it would put a big bioload on my tank and it won't really have a big sump. just a small fuge in the back. I was gonna get them from seahorse source too if i got them but there not currently in stock.