72 Gallon Bow Front with stand, canopy, sump for sale\trade

CA2OR

I have a 72 gallon bow front that I am no longer using. I had cut the center brace on it and found that it was a mistakeDOH!. Again, center brace is not there. I have found 2 sites that supply the plastic frames with the center braces and received quotes for $35 and another for $50. Also found a thread with a guy that ordered one of these braces and provides a walkthrough of how to replace it. I will be ordering these parts around the middle of Jan if I haven't already sold this tank. If that is the case I will replace the frame and brace and also re-inspect the seals around the tank. and price will increase by $100. So as is right now for tank, stand, canopy, and sump $250 obo

I initially changed tanks when I was hearing poping sounds during water changes which made me believe that the seals were letting go...after close inspection and a couple days of playing with it I found that they sound I was hearing was actually my overflow box moving, seems I had bumped it loose a bit during one of my many rampage's within my tank, so it moved when water levels dropped and the water from the korellia's started hitting it.DOH!

Here are the sites I got quotes from

CCIAquarium

http://cciaquarium.com/index.html

and Aqueon formerly All-Glass

http://www.aqueonproducts.com/

thread with walkthrough

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/general-planted-tank-discussion/57520-oh-no-cracked-brace.html

Pic's of tank up and running around 1 week ago

IMG_0164.jpg

12-02-091.jpg

During tank swap

IMG_0179.jpg

Note when I was changing tanks I had removed the overflow box to get into the back corner easier and heard no sounds from the tank during the rest of the process. As stated, I have filled this thing a couple times since taking it down and have heard no sound.

Tank, is drilled, bulkheads still in place and attached to hoses all the way down to the sump as well as the returns to the tank, overflow box also included. Sump is drilled as well and has corner piece alread there that ends at coupler. You would need external pump with other side of coupler or replace coupler all together...didn't remove the coupler from the pump and had a horrible time fitting pump into my new sump so I will not be taking it back out anytime soon. I was using a custom metal brace over the top of the tank and still have it if you need it. No leaks

Canopy, has cut outs for ventilation on the top with a vent and was hand built by Kilmca. Canopy is stained and finished on the inside but has no finish on the outside as we were unable to locate the matching color in the short period of time provided. Canopy was built to accomidate a 48 inch fixture.

Sump, is between 20 and 30 gallons or so. Not totally sure. No leaks

As stated it is OBO and I am considering trades as well. I have been told by a coulpe people that I shouldn't sell the sump for less than $100, so I figured $100 for the sump, $150 for the tank, and $50 for the stand and canopy. Sounds fair to me....what do you think?

• 4 weeks later...