Birth of a new tank

CA2OR

Tank has been up for 3 days now....all is looking well. Seems some corals are coloring up a bit more than before.

IMG_0213.jpg

seems I have zoa's growing out of my sand all over the place. I am not sure how exactly that happened from the move in tanks(scratch)

IMG_0206.jpg

1224091104b.jpg

Duncan's are starting to show improvement

1224091103b.jpg

she keeps telling me to get a chocolate chip....but they aren't reef safe right?

No they are not reef safe, I believe the rule is if they have raised "bumps" they are bad, or not reef safe.

I'll cross my fingers for you that you don't experience any "algae" outbreak with the brand new sand.

It has always happened to me, even when using very old seeded LR and water from the existing tank. I actually picked up some Turbos Thursday when Patrick was having a "buy one get one sale" Its amazing how much "green" these guys mow down. I had a Korallia that was pretty covered in algae, I put the Turbo snail on that PH and woke the next day to find it 99% algae free-

This is in my 20 gallon tank that I threw together with all the "extra" pieces I had laying around.

Anyhow nice set up again, and glad to see you got yourself a nice new camera to boot!

No they are not reef safe' date=' I believe the rule is if they have raised "bumps" they are bad, or not reef safe.[/quote']

Got it

I'll cross my fingers for you that you don't experience any "algae" outbreak

(scratch)....no new sand....I used all my old stuff, sand, Live rock, nothing new except water. I just tried to clean my sand a bit in the transfer....

Any how nice set up again' date=' and glad to see you got yourself a nice new camera to boot![/quote']

Thank you....I actually brought the camera to work with me along with some extra batteries to I can play and learn.

Here are some pic's for you guys....caught my cucumber out this morning when I came home. Also wanted to show you how the duncan's are looking now....which is about a 10th of normal....

These were taken with just the LED's on:

Tiger Tail Cucumber on the prowl

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

These were from today with the lights on:

My fungia's are turning a very neon green now

IMG_0348.jpg

Here are the duncan's still gotta long way to go but getting better

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

notice I have orange zoa's growing in my Korellia.....I don't understand.

IMG_0345.jpg

The Marble

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

and gotta pretty good shot of this snail.

IMG_0032.jpg

eric, how do you like that tiger tail? ive had quite a few people recommend them to me, just never really gotten around to it. i figure since im going to the new, bigger tank, ill be ok to get one if they're good to have.

tank looks great, i plan on doing a full swap like that, but im planning on using new sand too, i want all white this time around.

I wonder how long it will take for my Duncan's to recover from the 3 weeks of hell they just went through. Any body have any idea?

I'm sure they are toast, never to recover, dying, dying, dead even though day by day they will look like they are getting better.

This is very deceptive, best bet is to give them to me and save yourself the anguish, it is very sad but I'm here for you brother.

You cant ever say I did not offer to help.

For every day of hell add 1, give it a month or so, target feed them well every few days with mysis, or brine, something easily digestible, as to silversides and the like.

Those guys are resilient-they'll pull through fine, and remember the offer is ALWAYS out there for you-(plotting)

All the pictures look good. I wish that fungia would just split already(plotting). The cucumber will split eventually when it is big enough. Mine finally did but it must have got to almost 20" stretched at one point before it did. If it wasn't for me going to a bigger tank soon I would be selling one but maybe the next one...

I'm sure they are toast, never to recover, dying, dying, dead even though day by day they will look like they are getting better.

This is very deceptive, best bet is to give them to me and save yourself the anguish, it is very sad but I'm here for you brother.

You cant ever say I did not offer to help.

For every day of hell add 1, give it a month or so, target feed them well every few days with mysis, or brine, something easily digestible, as to silversides and the like.

Those guys are resilient-they'll pull through fine, and remember the offer is ALWAYS out there for you-(plotting)

Well thank you very much for the offer....I will have to keep that in mind just in case I can't take them decieving me like that....but I am going to try.