Yellow tang just arrived

reef165

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a tang from cay's and he will only eat brine. I asked Shane what he feeds them and he said brine in his tanks because he never has them long enough to feed them anything else. When I bought him I also bought Ocean Nutrition green marine algae and holding clip. Any idea'a what I can do to get him to eat his greens?

Any help would be great Thanks

Dave

And probably stay away from Cay's. If your forum name is what you have for a tank, 26 gallon bow front and they sold you a Tang there reputation precedes them! Plus I'm almost certain they buy from a certain local wholesaler with a bad rap for selling sub par fish.

And probably stay away from Cay's. If your forum name is what you have for a tank' date=' 26 gallon bow front and they sold you a Tang there reputation precedes them! Plus I'm almost certain they buy from a certain local wholesaler with a bad rap for selling sub par fish.[/quote']

I know I shouldn't have bought him but he is the smallest tang I have ever seen in any shop in Portland. I didn't tell him the size of my tank I just said I wanted him. I don't think he knew that I had down sized from my last big tank to this bow front. I plan soon to get something like a 55 or 33long to make a fowlr setup still in the planing stage at this time.