My 210 gal. build

MarkBirkett

I picked up a 210 gallon all glass aquarium, dual overflow tank, stand, canopy, 6 ft.light fixture with two VHOs and three metal halides/and ballasts, and a calcium reactor from Scott in Albany last week and am going to set it up soon. I will post progress of this system as I go. My current system is a Oceanic 92 Corner Bow. I will post pics of my current and future system,when I figure out how to load them. Mark

post-1710-141867782473_thumb.jpg

post-1710-141867782473_thumb.jpg

post-1710-141867782474_thumb.jpg

post-1710-141867782474_thumb.jpg

huskerduck

What's up. I remember when you picked up your 155 bowfront from Jason. I was the guy (that helped Jason out in his store) that helped you load your equipment and figured out how to put the canopy in your SUV by having the back windows open. I thought when you brought all of your livestock, and the ship to Coral Reef Pet Center you were doing all of this in Fiji? Good to see you are here doing the addiction thing again. Later Mark

Hey Mark

Nice seein ya again, sorry I had to rush but our daughter had to pee and I promised them dinner if they chauffeured my but clear out to Garrets place, Id had a few drinks earlier.

In our conversation you asked how I had a theater in a mobile home or something to that effect. It isnt, its in the basement of this which is 40' north of what was once a mobile home ( that was hauled off in 3 dumpsters)

P3072620-1.jpg

Someday when all my little frags grow up to be big frags, youll have to stop out for some pool , reef and a flick

• 5 months later...

210 tank build

Well I am finally getting this tank going. In December I put 200 pounds of Carib Sea live sand and put about 100 gallons of Salt water in the tank. I also put a couple Hydor Koralia 4 to keep the water moving, plus an external filter. This has been cycled for 5+ months. Due to a very slow Tile Contracting season I have not working on the tank. Well after a couple decent jobs I am now working on my build. This week I picked up a 40 gallon PM sump and traded a CPR overflow box for a Dolphin Aqua Sea 2100 that was stuck. I cleaned and lubed the bearing and the pump now works. Today I plumbed and filled the tank and the pump worked flawless with all ball valves wide open. Yesterday I put my live rock in the tank, and today I added my livestock. Protein skimmer and calcium reactor are also installed today. Tomorrow I am going to modify the canopy so that my light fixture will fit inside. I will post pictures after tomorrow.