Ryans 90g Envison Build

Ryan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice build thread' date=' I figure if you experience an earthquake, your house may fall down but at least your tank will still be standing. Nice welding on that stand![/quote']

Ha! It's funny you mention that! Scott (spectra) actually told

me he builds every stand with the "big one" in mind! I assume he knows what he's doing since he fabricates those metal platforms that those crazy house sricking out of the Weat Hills are on for a living.

As for the T5's, I am very happy with them. SPS grow

differently under them. They encrust like crazy, then start growing in all directions instead of just towards the MH bulb. If Anything, I think I have too much light. I actually just cut photo period back by an hour cause my corals were starting to look a little light.

If you have time post some current pics, its been awhile. I did pretty good with T5's and sps, they were slow but the colors were very nice, different, some better then the MH's they were grown under. Very nice tank Ryan!.

If you have time post some current pics' date=' its been awhile. I did pretty good with T5's and sps, they were slow but the colors were very nice, different, some better then the MH's they were grown under. Very nice tank Ryan!.[/quote']

I'll get some new pics soon! I bought a DSLR, I cannot seem to take good tank pics with it, so it will take some practice to get you guys some decent pics.

I have been on a frag buying spree!!! In the last month I have added the following:

Green w/blue tip stag

Green Bali Slimer

Tri-Color Arco

Blue w/purple polyp Milli

Dark Pink Milli

Superman Monti

TECO Starburst Cap

Oregon Blue Tort (right off of Upscales colony)

$500 Efflo

ORA Red Planet

ORA Blue Voodoo

ORA Boralis

ORA Pearl Berry

ORA Red Digi

ORA Blue Digi

ORA Plum Crazy

ORA Chips Acro

ORA Roscos

ORA Aussie Delicate

(yes, I like ORA corals!)

All of the frags are doing great! Once they all grow up, Im going to have quite a full tank!!!

Well...fortunately I haven't put any of this build or livestock on a CC... :-)

It is getting a bit excessive. My gf saw that frag list last night and started asking a few too many $$$ questions. Guess I need to slow down and let these frags grow out!

I'm picking up a couple ORA corals from Jason, then I'll be done for a while...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry I kind of dropped off the face of the planet! I had a very busy last 6 months or so with work, and I got kind of burnt out on my tank after the long build and very high maintenance demands of Zeovit. I didn't stay up on the zeovit system, and ended up loosing a lot of my coral. :-( The tank is still running very well, and fish are doing extremely well. I am in the process of converting the tank to a much easier to maintain system. Once I get the parameters back in check, I'll start thinking about replacing the lost SPS. It's been a hard/depressing 6 months watching my pride a joy take a turn for the worst. I'm happy to be motivated about it again though!

Sorry to hear that Ryan. You had some great stuff and a great tank. Do you know what happened? You still make the media reactors?lp When you get back into SPS and you will come see me...

Well, a combination of a lot of stupidity on my part. I stopped maintaining the Zeovit system, then one of my T5's burnt out & I didn't replace it so I lost half of my lighting (since Im running Ice Cap Ballasts, if one bulb burns out all of them shut off), then by that point I was so depressed about the tank that I stopped doing water changes & maintaining Cal/Alk/Mag. Pretty much a worst case scenario for my tank, and something that was completely in my control.

Now I am going to get my Cal/Alk/Mag back where they need to be, start my weekly 10g water changes, get my lighting all back up and running correctly, then keep it stable for a couple months before I jump back into coral. I'm going to try to keep it as maintenance free as possible...pretty much how I ran my old tank...Calcium reactor (once needed) and carbon, along with weekly water changes. I'll address P04 if needed with GFO. Im going to run it like I did my last tank, which had great success. It required almost zero daily maintenance and I had great color and growth.

On the bright side, I haven't had any crazy algae growth (besides Coraline all over the tank), and the fish are doing great.