Coral and RBTA

puntific

That about sums that up.

RBTA takes out the dreaded Hydno-:eek:-Freakin game over

I had to get rid of my RBTA, actually both of them, it split.

I think the wife is still sad about that, the lonely clown fish she says-

My issue with the RBTA was when it decided to move and just would put its foot over what ever was in its path.

It used to brush up against an acro and leather I have, never an issue, its when it smothered some raindow monti is when it had to leave. Unless you have a LOT of space my opinion is in the long run you are better off without it-it most likely will move and kill your prized coral.

Oops I figured SPS for some reason-My RBTA was fine with all my LPS, neon toadstool, hammer, octo, torch.......

All I can say is [language filter]! Takes out the Hydno... I use Hydno to kill aptasia!

That about sums that up.RBTA takes out the dreaded Hydno-:eek:-Freakin game over

I had to get rid of my RBTA, actually both of them, it split.

I think the wife is still sad about that, the lonely clown fish she says-

My issue with the RBTA was when it decided to move and just would put its foot over what ever was in its path.

It used to brush up against an acro and leather I have, never an issue, its when it smothered some raindow monti is when it had to leave. Unless you have a LOT of space my opinion is in the long run you are better off without it-it most likely will move and kill your prized coral.

Oops I figured SPS for some reason-My RBTA was fine with all my LPS, neon toadstool, hammer, octo, torch.......

Hmmm... LPS.... I wonder how a Frogspawn would do near it?

I think most soft corals (mushrooms, leathers, zoas) are somewhat okay around them as long as they don't smother them. I've had them touch without killing them. I do try to move the corals out of their path though. Right now mine is down behind a rock covered in GSP and it doesn't seem to be having an effect on it. I expect it to move up on the rock tomorrow. (It's only been in the tank since monday so it's still hiding down in the rocks)

I have a well behaved Rose anemone that never moves from its hole in the rock. Once it found its current hole it has not left. It has split but I encouraged that and when it did it just made a lap around the rock and settled back right next to its other half.This rose has has split prolly 5 times in the last 4 years.

Jay

I have a well behaved Rose anemone that never moves from its hole in the rock. Once it found its current hole it has not left. It has split but I encouraged that and when it did it just made a lap around the rock and settled back right next to its other half.This rose has has split prolly 5 times in the last 4 years.

Jay

Thanks Jay,

This is exactly what I need. My kids won't tolerate the RBTA leaving... I confess, neither will I. I just need to get more stuff growing over there. Anyone have any experience with Zoas near a RBTA?

Thanks Jay,

This is exactly what I need. My kids won't tolerate the RBTA leaving... I confess, neither will I. I just need to get more stuff growing over there. Anyone have any experience with Zoas near a RBTA?

I know when my LTA was around zoas that they wouldn't open!

I have a colony of blue tubbs next to my RBTA. During the day when the halides are on the RBTA covers part of them and the zoas close up. When the light dims and the RBTA shrinks back, they open back up. It has been this way for 6-months or more. I guess I have been lucky.

I have a colony of blue tubbs next to my RBTA. During the day when the halides are on the RBTA covers part of them and the zoas close up. When the light dims and the RBTA shrinks back' date=' they open back up. It has been this way for 6-months or more. I guess I have been lucky.[/quote']

My experience is similar. Zoa's seem to be okay as long as it isn't covering them up.