Need some help in the Beaverton area please

ciao

Hi everybody. I was hoping somebody could give me some help to set up my new system. I have a ~250 gallon tank that I recently finished putting the sand in and doing the plumbing for. Now comes my predicament. I was wondering if anybody in the Beaverton area would be willing to sell me enough RO/DI water and help transport it to my house? I don't have a pickup nor do I have a big enough barrel/container so I unfortunately can't transport it myself or have the container to move such a large volume of water. When I do my monthly water changes, I plan to either have in place a RO/DI unit in my house or do more frequent and smaller water changes where I can use a smaller container to move the water.

I live near the Tanasbourne area around 185th and Walker. I plan on doing it on a Friday or Saturday in the next 2 or 3 weeks. Just depends on when I can get my live rock put in.

If anybody can help me out, I would really appreciate it.

I have a portable unit-or at least it is designed to be portable-if you have an adapter for a hose that gives you the threads from a sink, similar to the adaptor if you were to fill a water bed-LOL, Ya when I was growing up we had water beds-LOL

Anway, you can borrow mine, it has a booster pump and a TDS meter so you can be sure of the output. Just need to have a long hose since I would suggest leaving the unit in a sink or tub for the draining of the "bad water"

Your call. Like anything else I loan or borrow, all I ask is you break it, you buy it-fair enough;)

I have been using this unit for nearly 1 year-ZERO issues,

http://cgi.ebay.com/0PPM-Portable-50GPD-Reverse-Osmosis-RO-DI-Water-Filter_W0QQitemZ110449016847QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b746400f

For 60+ dollars I would buy this unit 10x over

of course you will be warned about this and that beware etc-I just say-"Whatever" I can only attest to the fact I have been using it for a year and the TDS is zero-what else can you ask for

I have a portable unit-or at least it is designed to be portable-if you have an adapter for a hose that gives you the threads from a sink, similar to the adaptor if you were to fill a water bed-LOL, Ya when I was growing up we had water beds-LOL

Anway, you can borrow mine, it has a booster pump and a TDS meter so you can be sure of the output. Just need to have a long hose since I would suggest leaving the unit in a sink or tub for the draining of the "bad water"

Your call. Like anything else I loan or borrow, all I ask is you break it, you buy it-fair enough;)

I have been using this unit for nearly 1 year-ZERO issues,

http://cgi.ebay.com/0PPM-Portable-50GPD-Reverse-Osmosis-RO-DI-Water-Filter_W0QQitemZ110449016847QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b746400f

For 60+ dollars I would buy this unit 10x over

of course you will be warned about this and that beware etc-I just say-"Whatever" I can only attest to the fact I have been using it for a year and the TDS is zero-what else can you ask for

hey great looking unit. I really like the portability aspect since trying to have a stationary one with the piping I have(which is nonexistent in the garage) would be a real pain to be honest since the garage to the tank is a pretty good distance. Does this unit only do RO or does it have a DI part as well? It didn't mention it on the page.

Has anybody else had any experience with these portable ones? Another question I had was the effect of having a horizontal filtering unit. I ready somewhere, not sure if it was here or on another board, that there was a downside to using horizontally mounted unit. Can't remember if it had to do with the quality of the water coming out or maybe the wear and tear on the unit/filters itself????

If somebody could comment on my questions I would really like to know more about what to look for in a unit.

So much research to do and so little time:D

What to look for in a unit.....

I feel at least 100 gpd, and at least 2 di cartridges are necessary. Otherwise, they are all pretty much the same. I have never heard anything about the horizontal units are harder on filters or not.

On a side note, If you want, you can still borrow mine. Set it up outside to your faucet, and fill buckets. Or, run a garden hose to a window close to your tank. You can the put the unit outside the window and fill it up by running the outlet of the unit throw a slightly opened window

What to look for in a unit.....

I feel at least 100 gpd, and at least 2 di cartridges are necessary. Otherwise, they are all pretty much the same. I have never heard anything about the horizontal units are harder on filters or not.

On a side note, If you want, you can still borrow mine. Set it up outside to your faucet, and fill buckets. Or, run a garden hose to a window close to your tank. You can the put the unit outside the window and fill it up by running the outlet of the unit throw a slightly opened window

Could you provide me a link to somewhere that sells the model you have? Having it run outside with the waste water going to another bucket for watering plants sounds like a good idea to cut down on waste. Not trying to be cheap, just trying to conserve and being environmentally friendly is all:D

As for this time around, I suspect I will end up taking Twitterbait on his offer of help. For this one time to get things up and running quickly, I want to get everything done at once (naughty)

hey great looking unit. I really like the portability aspect since trying to have a stationary one with the piping I have(which is nonexistent in the garage) would be a real pain to be honest since the garage to the tank is a pretty good distance. Does this unit only do RO or does it have a DI part as well? It didn't mention it on the page.

Has anybody else had any experience with these portable ones? Another question I had was the effect of having a horizontal filtering unit. I ready somewhere, not sure if it was here or on another board, that there was a downside to using horizontally mounted unit. Can't remember if it had to do with the quality of the water coming out or maybe the wear and tear on the unit/filters itself????

If somebody could comment on my questions I would really like to know more about what to look for in a unit.

So much research to do and so little time:D

I am not sure if it was Reef2Reef or Reef Central but I had ran across thread that was about people who had bought from that same company over a course of 3 years, no one had complaints. Sorry I dont recall the site.

I figured 50 gallons a day for fine as I only have a 75 gallon tank, plus I have my RO/DI going into a 35 gallon top off container. I have mine standing vertically as to laying horizontal. That debunks the therory that the resin does not get 'saturated". You will find many "opinions"

GL

UUhhhhhh' date=' BYRD got a new AVITAR!!! Sweeeeet[/quote']

Yes that is my latest toy, Brugger and Thommet TP9-only 9mm with a 45rnd clip-have yet to shoot it. Went to westside aquarium and on the backside of his building is a gun shop-the guy makes/sells silencers. I was aware of the fed tax of 200.00 for a full auto, I guess the tax is the same, so if you pass the background check you can have a full auto with a silencer-

That will scare the libs-LMFAO!!

Do not worry about the distance from the garage to the tank. When I first got back into the hobby I went to Home Depot and bought some water line for the drip systems. It is the same size as the RO units and you can get 100 feet for about 10 bucks. I ran it through my house and filled my 90 over a couple of days. Garage is the best place to put the RO as when you overfill the bucket or garbage can(and you willDOH!) it just gets the concrete wet and not the floor of the house(whistle) Good luck with the set up!

Oh and Byrd nice set up(rock2)