A Two Headed reef, The Tale Thereof

Ronjunior

Here are my current tank mates. I also still have my true lemon peel angel and there's a yellow tail damsel in there I'm hoping will continue to be friendly (fingers). Have a blue linkia, sand-sifting star, and a reddish serpent star. I think I'm about maxed on fish? (sad) I'll try to break out the tripod get get a full tank shot, but my corals are not that impressive, slow growing. Still need lots of color, zoos, rics, more LPS which are all lacking in variety.

fishoct07.jpg

fishoct07b.jpg

Ron' date=' what is the 4th picture of. I blends in so well I can't tell what it is. Thanks!!![/quote']

I think you're referring to the scooter blenny. My wife picked him out "'cuz he's so cute". He poops like a rat. He eats like a rabbit. He was showing off when I was taking pictures. They pop their fins up to make them look bigger and more fierce. He changes color with a lighter body and purple face at times, to darker splotches to a whiter face.

Your community is looking very nice. Yah, that is a scooter blenny also called a scooter dragonet. They are awesome little fish and love to show off. I loved mine!

Have you thought about switching to Metal Halides? I know you are currently running VHO lighting, and it does a good job, but Metal Halides will really make those colors pop and will help tremendously with growth.

Garrett

Have you thought about switching to Metal Halides? I know you are currently running VHO lighting' date=' and it does a good job, but Metal Halides will really make those colors pop and will help tremendously with growth.Garrett[/quote']

Yeah, I'd like to try temporarily mounting a trial set above and see how they looked compared to 4 VHO, (2 blues, 2 50/50) if somebody has some laying around collecting dust. I doubt 1 450 watter would do it, so likely 2 over a 6' tank? Sounds like a fun project with dark beer involved (nutty)(naughty). I'd have to figure out a taller hood somehow since mine is low clearance. And chiller? I'm running from about 78-81F or so without a heater plugged in.

The Tank looks awsome Ron, I would have to agree with Garrett on the Halide's they are awsome for light, growth, and color. The Clown is still doing great he is a very comical fish he loves his annemene so much he rarely leave even to feed. He always has some part of his body touching it lol. I hope everything keeps going well for you! Thanks again for the clown, and let me know how everything is doing... After a little while I will probably be able to get you some more frags of stuff if you are looking or wanting something.

Derek