Post for October POTM

Rick

Post your pics for the October POTM below.

Note: The rules are unclear on the month the POTM pics apply to. In the past it appears to have applied to the following month however many are confused by this. Unless there is some opposition I am going to request that they apply to the prior month. I.E. Any pic posted through October will be voted on the first week of November.

Here is an example of how it went when I did POTM.

I asked for pictures on the first of Oct. That gave everyone 3 weeks to submit.

Then a poll went up with one week left in that month.

On the first of Nov. I closed the poll and found the winner.

They became POTM for Nov.

And so on and so on.............. (HTH you out)

Here is an example of how it went when I did POTM.

I asked for pictures on the first of Oct. That gave everyone 3 weeks to submit.

Then a poll went up with one week left in that month.

On the first of Nov. I closed the poll and found the winner.

They became POTM for Nov.

And so on and so on.............. (HTH you out)

When I started doing it I tried to do the same as well. (I went back and looked through to find out how it had been done) What I'm finding though is that people will continue to post pics (happened twice now) up into the following month. I.E. If this was the November POTM we were working on it would be labeled Nov. so they would keep posting on up into Nov. If I had the capability I could lock the thread to keep them from doing it but I think there would still be some confusion. My proposal would be to submit for the current month and allow posts anytime through the month and then vote the first week of the following month. I don't think it matters too much either way but I would like to get a rule put in place along with the others to make it clear whichever way it is done.

When I started doing it I tried to do the same as well. (I went back and looked through to find out how it had been done) What I'm finding though is that people will continue to post pics (happened twice now) up into the following month. I.E. If this was the November POTM we were working on it would be labeled Nov. so they would keep posting on up into Nov. If I had the capability I could lock the thread to keep them from doing it but I think there would still be some confusion. My proposal would be to submit for the current month and allow posts anytime through the month and then vote the first week of the following month. I don't think it matters too much either way but I would like to get a rule put in place along with the others to make it clear whichever way it is done.

My advice to you for that problem would be to post "THREAD CLOSED" as the last post and then lock it.

• 2 weeks later...