WTB: 30K leagues lokani

ciao

First - I don't have it, sorry.

Good luck in your search. When you do find it, please post a pick. I have the 20K (couldn't find that locally - had to get it online) and would like to get the 30K at some point as well. So I'd love to see a pick of it actually in someone's tank.

First - I don't have it, sorry.

Good luck in your search. When you do find it, please post a pick. I have the 20K (couldn't find that locally - had to get it online) and would like to get the 30K at some point as well. So I'd love to see a pick of it actually in someone's tank.

Out of curiosity, how much different does teh 20k differ from the 30k? Could you post a picture for reference sake?

I only have a couple frags of the 20K - not grown out yet. I got them as tiny specs, and they are just now grown out to normal frag size, so not the full color yet. I'll snap a pic this weekend and post it. Mine is also under a 10K with no actinic supplementation, so it's not as colorful as it could be - but I'm just going for growth right now.

Here's a pic of a full colony, though - not my pic, obviously. You can definitely see the purple and teal in my frags - but nothing this spectacular.

I know that Soutas has/had a colony of the 20K, but last I heard they weren't fragging it. Sorry to Soutas if any of that info is incorrect.

My understanding is the 30K is lighter - the pics I've seen are more of a whitish base with purple tips, but I think it varies a lot based on lighting. Unfortunately, I've never seen one in person.

t_138.jpg

When i was shopping for the 20K I talked with Hector at Exotic Frags, and he had the 30K. However, that was in February - didn't realize it was so long ago. I don't know of anyone locally that has the 30K. He did specifically point out that he thinks the 30K is about the most temperamental coral there is, and has a rep for dying for no apparent reason.

However, when I got the 20K, the person I got it from said the same thing. But the two frags I received have been rock solid - well, I originally got three, but one didn't really survive the acclimation - and wasn't much bigger than a single polyp - so I don't count that.

And I've put my tank through hell recently - including going almost two weeks without light - which caused multiple corals to recede, but the lokani held tough. So, I guess everyone's experience differs.

If you can't find it locally, Exotic Frags is a good on-line supplier. They are a bit pricey, but you can be sure that they have the real deal corals.

Once my frags grow out a bit more and color up, I'll end up putting one of them up for trade.

Check with Souta's, too, they may have started fragging theirs.

It's a coral you have to see in person. As pretty as the picture is, the coral has sheen to it that doesn't show up in a picture. It's insanely gorgeous. Best money I ever spent - but it is pricey. It's my favorite coral.

Anyway - sorry for completely highjacking your thread, Ciao. Good luck finding the 30K. I really hope you do.

ha ha - by all means, after you.

Actually, there are several other corals I'd like to get first. But it's nice to know that someone local has this nice coral.

HAHA....it's all good. Actually I'm going to swing on by there tomorrow and take a look at what he has. I'll try to post some pictures here if I remember to bring along a camera or maybe use my camera phone. I talked to him earlier today on the phone and he said he does have some frags of it as well as a show piece. The frags I think he said were around 1 or 2 inches at ~$35? each. The show piece he said is around $200. It'll be nice to see it though and what other stuff he might have since it's relatively close to where I live......