RO/DI Water Barrel

racefan

I got a barrel yesterday for my RO/DI water. The problem I have is it last had organic tapioca syrup in it. There is still residue left in it. I'd guess about a 1/4" or so on the bottom & a stream going up the side where they poured it out. It makes a ball of clear sugary syrupy blob when you scrape it out. The top is not a removable top. I cut 1/2 the top off so I could reach down in to tighten the bulkhead fitting for the faucet when I noticed the residue. Cold water does not seem to be doing anything to it. Anybody have any ideas of how to clean it out other than emptying the hot water heater into it?

Hook a hose to the hot water heater spigot and using gloves and rags turn it on and hose it out

This is what I did to my RO/DI barrel and salt mixing barrel - comes in handy

that is a must have. I've been racking my brain on the best way to get a "sealable hole" into my drums and this is by far the best idea I've seen...

HEAD TO THE CAR WASH USE THE HOT HIGH PSI WASH AND THE RINSE AFTER THAT USE A BOTTLE OF VINGER AND WASH DOWN THE INSIDE AND RINSE OUT. AT THAT POINT I WOULD RUN WATER THROUGH IT FOR ABOUT A 1 HR. SOME OF THE OTHER POST REPLIES WERE ALSO GOOD LIKE THE ONE WITH THAT USED THE HOT WATER HEATER

• 3 months later...