Eductors/Penductors on Sea Swirl

downhill_biker

It may be just because it adds length to the output, I think most of the inductors are about 3 to 4 inches long, and it dosnt take alot to strip out the plastic gears inside the seaswirl, so if it hits something with the long arm it could strip out. It could also be that most seaswirls are fairly close to the surface of the water and with one of those on it it may create a vortex and suck in air and create nois and bubbles.

Yes I have.. There will be a pressure buildup. Make sure it is seated very well when you push it up as it can blow the arm off. make sure it is strait out, not angled side to side as this will cause added pressure in the gear. What pump are you using on the both of them?? And yes it will suck in air if it is to short and to close to the surface.

Thanks everyone. I know these work best on pressure rated pump. Mine is a reeflo barracuda. One mean pump...

So, if I angle it down a bit, but still strait side to side will that work?

I think it will blow it off the turret. That's more power than you think with them on that pump with extreme pressure(back pressure) . If you do it let me know. The problem exists with the tube sliding over the rubber stup and staying on.

I think it will blow it off the turret. That's more power than you think with them on that pump with extreme pressure(back pressure) . If you do it let me know. The problem exists with the tube sliding over the rubber stup and staying on.

Well I have the pump feeding several things, the tank, which is about 12 feet of head, the frag tank, at 4' of head, and the skimmer, an AquaC EV1000. I can send more water other places if needed, and can ball valve to make sure I have the right amount of flow through the penductor. I want more flow, but dont want to damage the seaswirl.

So what do you think? With the setup I am going with?

Curtis I think you should be alright if you make sure they are on there good and tight. It really is a tough call though. Being that you can valve down the flow if necessary, I would say give it a go. Definately make sure that the eductors are at least two inches under the water surface. The way my bulkhead sits and the room that I have to work with, one of mine sits just at the 2 inch mark and I very seldom get a bit of a vortex with air bubbles.

Garrett

Why is this? Will it hurt the pump if it is not pressure rated?

No it won't hurt the pump. There is a back pressure from the fact you are pushing water through a smaller hole. the amount of pressure will dictate pressure exiting to pull the water into the penductors sides to increase flow. in the tank. YOU ARE NOT ADDING MORE TURNOVER TO SUMP, JUST TURN OVER IN THE TANK AS AN INCREASE OF WATER VOLUME MOVEMENT.

And yes they really work. I am running 2 off of 3/4 in. lockline running a single PCX-40 pump. I was using swirls the same way with them and it was a little overflow on the swirls. I could go a bigger pump but why. There is only so much water your going to get out of that hole. I use them directly on the returns. No longer with swirls

Now mind you it is NOT the same flow as a tunze gives you. It is more concentrated. They don't create a wave action.

No it won't hurt the pump. There is a back pressure from the fact you are pushing water through a smaller hole. the amount of pressure will dictate pressure exiting to pull the water into the penductors sides to increase flow. in the tank. YOU ARE NOT ADDING MORE TURNOVER TO SUMP, JUST TURN OVER IN THE TANK AS AN INCREASE OF WATER VOLUME MOVEMENT.

And yes they really work. I am running 2 off of 3/4 in. lockline running a single PCX-40 pump. I was using swirls the same way with them and it was a little overflow on the swirls. I could go a bigger pump but why. There is only so much water your going to get out of that hole. I use them directly on the returns. No longer with swirls

Now mind you it is NOT the same flow as a tunze gives you. It is more concentrated. They don't create a wave action.

So you got rid of the seaswirls? Too hard on them? I also have a koralia mag 8 in the tank. I want the flow variety of the seaswirls, but know they aren't really a back and forth wave. They are just random flow.

correct on the back and forth flow. Just a little trick. If you want to SEE the flow to adjust it. Use airline tubing and put it into the the slot of the pend. Blow real gentle and watch where the bubbles go "in the flow" I know I know,, Your welcome. so give me point. LOL

• Like 1