screen to borrow

jason7504

when I changed over from my T5's to my 150wMH and then again from the 150w to the 250 I didn't use any screen or cover what so ever. What I did do was tripped my lights back to 4 hours then followed the following routine.

Day 1: 4 hours

Day 2: 4 hours

Day 3: 4.5 hours

Day 4: 5 hours

Day 5: 5 hours

Day 6: 5.5 hours

Day 7: 6 hours

Day 8: 6 hours

Day 9: 6.5 hours

and so on until I reached my idea time of 10 hours. I lost nothing, burned nothing

JMO

You gotta do what you are comfortable with. I had alot of input from people on here but what swung my decisions was speaking to the 2 guys that gave me all the original info I had on reefing. For instance how often to do water changes and so on. I followed their recommendations to a "T" and have been stoked ever since. I moved into that 72 what 3 days ago? I already have zoa's growing onto different rocks since then. Seems to work well for me, but not everyone has the same results from the same actions. So you should do what you are comfortable with. If it is screen then so be it. If you want to raise your light up for a while then do it.