Vanz 29g Saltwater Tank

vanz

Alright, finally have time to upload some pics.

These were taken on 9.28.06. I removed the skimmer for some cleaning. And the lights are high because I'm trying to get the inhabitants to get use to the new light. The fire clown in the compartment is in timeout.

This is before the addition of the green carpet anemone I just got on Sunday.

tank1up4.jpg

tank2cc6.jpg

Another angle with my dog.

shinobitankae6.jpg

Next step is to remove the top glass and use eggcrate. Hope you guys like, and I would appreciate comments and suggestions on how to make my tank better.

Thanks for looking!

Looking good!!! Any problem with the anenomes going for a stroll and stinging stuff?

Those two anemones have been in the same area for a long time now...ever since february I think. The one on the top just recently moved a little to the left inbetween the rocks. The skimmer was offline for awhile and there was no flow, so I guess he didn't like it and moved. When I turned the skimmer back on, he still stayed there. Oh well...at least I still can see his tenticles when he stretches.

Plus...I think the frogspawn has more stinging power than my rbtas. Sometimes when they touch, the rbta backs off.

• 2 weeks later...
what kind is it and how was he being a punk? just fighting with the other or something?

He's a fire clown, aka epipphium. Got em over a year ago for my other tank that I took down a long time ago. When I added him to the current tank with the false perc, they were living okay together...the false perc was dominate at the time cuz it was his home. I already had the RBTA in there, and I guess the fire clown wanted it badly. Over time, he grew the balls to chase away the false perc and was dominate since. So he always chases away the false perc if he got too close to the RBTAs. But all together...there wasn't that much violence. Until about a couple of months ago, I realized that he was really being a punk and started to chase the false perc no matter where he was in the tank. The false perc went into hiding, but the fire clown still seeked out for him. At first I jailed the false perc because I couldn't catch the fire clown. That went okay for a month, but I still noticed the fire clowns aggression towards the caged up false perc. So I reversed the roles. I kind of miss the fire clown out in the open because he had more of a fun symbiotic relationship with the RBTAs. It's funny how after I jailed up the fire clown, the false perc started taunting him. I think it's better this way though...I had the false perc longer and he's my gf's favorite.