Pedal to the metal pics(eugene)

COReefer

Ok so the wife and I went to the pedal to the metal tour in eugene. The line up was supposed to be: Suicide Silence, Bury Your Dead, Static X, Black Label Society, and Mudvayne. Hellzapoppin who is a bunch of circus sideshow freaks were supposed to entertain between sets. (we'll get to this in a few)

We get to the show and find out that Zakk Wylde (Vocals, lead guitar for black label) is in the hospital with blood clots on his lungs. Not good. About 50 percent of the reason for me to go to this show was to see this guitar legend play. That put a damper on the night. this Damper was quickly forgotten as soon as Bury Your Dead took the stage. These guys flat out PERFORMED. Great music. Great Vocals. Just good stuff. Had the crowd goin. Especially good for opening act. Ok so I was pretty pumped about this show now. I really really like this band.

Next came Suicide Silence. The only cool thing about this band was the name. Well I take that back. The music was good but their vocalist might as well have been reading from the Eugene phonebook. It was flat out miserable for my ears. I actually hated the act. They really should take a tip from their name. Not the suicide part but the silence would work for me=)

Ok Now with Static X. They reenforced my love for heavy metal music and live shows. They were outstanding. Sounded good and all of that good stuff. I'm not even a huge Static X fan but I would absolutely go see them again. No questions asked.

Now MUDVAYNE!! Great as always. Not a whole lot to say about them, they were the headliners and showed us why.

Ok Hellzapoppin. These guys were a bunch of FREAKS, but the freaks knew what it took to entertain a crowd. They did a bunch of suspension with hooks and cables and all that good stuff but the best part was the HOT CHICK that swallowed a 27 inch curved blade. Oh and she is only 5'4". That is amazing to me.

All in all, Static X stole the show. It was a good time and the cuthbert is a great place to see a concert. I'll go back.

Bury Your Dead

101_0997.jpg

101_0996.jpg

101_0994.jpg

Suicide Silence (horrible)

101_1008.jpg

101_1006.jpg

Static X (show of the night)

101_1024.jpg

101_1015.jpg

Mudvayne

Pics are horrible, bad lighting, couldn't get any

Hellzapoppin

suspension (hooks and crap)

101_0992.jpg

Betty Bloomers (with a huge freakin sword)

101_1002.jpg

101_1005.jpg

Wow great pics. I can't believe she took that whole sword WOW!!!!

I've seen Static X before and they rock. Great band to see live.

Looks like you had great seats too.

Dude the seats were phenomenal, we got early entry because they let the first 100 ticket buyers in a little early so we nailed some nice seats. Since the wife and I don't bother with the mosh pit we planted our tails in our seats and didn't move. We were prolly 25 ft from stage.