Pagoda Cup Heat Wave Rescue

Rick

Here are a few pics of my Pagoda cup leading up to the current one taken today. This was rescued from a tank following the recent heat wave and had been in 90 degree plus water for a few days and had no light for several days as well. When I got it the color was kind of a tan biege color with what appeared to be light yellow polyps although they were all sucked in.

The first pic was taken the day after I put it in one of my tanks (8/4/09):

attachment.php?attachmentid=5689&stc=1&d=1251317940

For the first few days the polyps wouldn't extend at all. Then over the course of a week they slowly started extending more and more each day. This pic was taken 11 days later (8/15/09) and while it still wasn't showing any color the polyps were almost fully extended:

attachment.php?attachmentid=5690&stc=1&d=1251317940

Over the course of the next 11 days the polyps began fully extending and each day more and more color returned. As can be seen in todays pic of it I now can tell that this is going to be a beautiful green Pagoda Cup. Not bad considering what it looked like 23 days ago.

attachment.php?attachmentid=5691&stc=1&d=1251317940

Nice save... now you can put that back into my tank he he he j/k
Can't do that....;) While I've had some small successes this one is the biggest one yet and gives me a nice big show piece (It's about 7" across) in the tank.:D Besides that, I think my wife would (wife) me. She claims she doesn't care about the tanks but she is the first to complain when I mention taking anything out and she has several things that she has laid claim to. (Her cinnamon clown, her trigger, her purple tang, etc.)