WTB/WTT a 250w HQI MH/T5 or PC fixture

jason7504

it'll be a while I am sure. I need to

A: get money for ballasts, bulbs, parts, reflector

B: build light without wife knowing

C: make light either look like this one so she wont notice, or make it look nice so she wont mind

and then I can sell this one. But she flipped when I sold my 150w 20k even though it was sitting in a box when I got this one and I got a great deal from COReefer. She still wasn't happy. Just recently she started complimenting my tank again. It has been 3 months.

Because this 250 broke down like 2 days after I got it. The ballast for the PC's failed, and the MH bulb was cracked during the move. Point being, she kept saying "you need to have a back up if this one fails again" so I do, although it isn't sufficient I have a 96w PC set up to use until I can get the light repaired if it were to fail, which hopefully would only take a day. That is the other reason I want to build my own, easier to fix.

Jason,

Sorry I was misleading you. I had a 150W and a 70W sunpod on my Biocube 29G. I feel that the 150W sunpod is not spreading the light all around my tank so I put the other 70W on. I saw Eric light and I like it a lot, it's a lot bright then two of my lights :-)