Thank God, and the inventor of GFI

CCR

Well boys and girls that are NOT using them. DO IT, DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!! I had a bare wire end that was capped off, but oviasly not well enough OUTSIDE my tank on the hood. eXTRA WIRE FROM MY CURRENT ICECAP 660. i WAS WORKING IN THE TANK PUT MY WET ARM ON THE HOOD AREA AND TOUCHED THE WIRE WITH MY BARE WET ARM(scary) IT SHUT DOWN THE TANK SO FAST I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE WHAT I'D DONE. iT PROBABLY SAVES MY LIFE(clap)

And those with strips!!! Plug them into a GFI

I had the same thing happen to me on the job though, prem. lighting was on ( in a hospital so its 277) except for in the elevator lobby whare we were finnishing up the sheet rock and my elbo hit the wires coming out of a junction box no caps or nothing, huge flash and everything went dark, electrician said that if not for the gfi I certinly wouldhave at the least spent a couple nights in the hospital

I put 2 in to trip separately. The pumps are on one system and the other has the tunze on it. Both brand new and tested with a 3 prong GFI tester. I know I only needed one but if the pumps cause a problem the tunze will keet the tank in circulation. I totally agree they need to be checked.