Lighting question?

Ok, so i have a 20 gallon regular tank that I am going to exchange all of it into a 20 gallon long tank. I have a 36" coralife 96w t5 set up and a 24" GLO t5, and they both fit on the tank. I was wondering if I put just those lights on there would it be enough to support sps or lps corals? I have a 250mh ballast and hood, no light yet. And was thinking about putting that over it. I thought that maybe it would be too much for the little tank? What do your think? oh yeah! the 20 gallon long is only 12 inches deep!!

Clay(scratch)

Personally' date=' I think you would be fine with some sps in that little tank clay. With the 96 watter I mean. You may have to feed more often than you would with more intense lighting but I think you would be fine.[/quote']

shoot I meant lps not sps. I just caught that. I'm a little slow nowadays

Yeah they are...oops! the little 24" is t5s though? LOL!! I got the 50/50 and they are both on there! Oh, well. The xenia love it and the zoas and the mushrooms.

What else should I try?

Clay

You could trade that 250 ballast and reflector for a 150 and use the 24" T5s for one sweet setup ;)

I have a 100 gallon with all the coral. I set up a 20 gallon long for my sons room! I am not going to go with the mh on that just to much work. I did however get a free tank from benny! a 50 gallon glass!! I am putting my 250 mh on there when my bulb gets here! I have a loaner right now a dual 175 watter! and a loaner skimmer too! LOL!! But it's up and running. I am working on getting everything. just short on funds! I can use the stuff for a while but I gotta get it consisitent. Don't want to be having to switch it up later, rather sooner!

Clay

• 3 weeks later...