Koralia 4 in 29g reef?

Hog Head

I bet it would be perfect. I ran 2 seio 820s in my 29gal. Currently I have the 29 setup as a frag/QT tank with 1 MJ sureflow mod ~ 1600gph and 1 MJ900. Everything is loving it.

I'm running 2 K4s and 1 MJ sureflow mod in addition to my return on my 75 and I have no problems with my sand. I still have spots that need more flow.

Do you have sand? If you do not then' date=' I say go for it! With sand you will be annoyed and have the stuff flying all over especially if you have sugar sand.[/quote']

Yea, I have the sugar sized sand. Thought about that too.

If it were me I would use a couple of #1's or just 1 #2.

I think that will be just the right kind of flow needed. It will still be plently of flow even for sps. I wouldn't mess with #3's unless you have just one in there and are really careful on placement of your corals.

Garrett

I have two #1's in there now. It just seems like there are some dead spots.

I think it could be done if you are creative with the placement. Direct it across the tank at the opposite wall or corner so it doesn't kick sand up and then maybe add another one mid tank that intercepts the flow to kind of break it up. The biggest concern I would have is at 30" it will still have some flow and may wrap back around enough that no matter where you place it the sand may still get kicked up. Movement at the top shouldn't be an issue as long as the water isn't being splashed out. (In fact the gas exchange would be good)

I know it can be done, i've done it. I had almost twice that amount of flow in my 29gal with southdown sugar grained sand. It didn't move at all.

Here it is with the one seio 820 and a mag 7 for return not throttled back. I found this was a perfect amount of flow roughly 1400gph

P4040011.jpg

It was a fun tank, great for learning when i first got into the hobby.