250w (or maybe even 150/175) ballast

Rick

After checking I will need either a 175w or 250w ballast. 150w uses a different mogul base so it will not work with my reflector.

I'm looking for something less intense than the single 400w that I have over my 40 gallon tank right now. 400w is just too much for a 40 gallon tank that is only 16" deep. I think I will try to keep the reflector and mogul base in there now and just change to a different ballast and bulb.

I can't really spend much if any money on any right now but I have as possible trades:

20 lb. Aluminum CO2 bottle.

400w spider reflector, base, and cap n core ballast.

Maybe some corals.

Not related specifically to aquariums,

I also have a Juki Needle Feed industrial sewing machine if anyone happens to be interested in using some lights as a partial trade on it. (Approx. value is $300 to $400) I'll entertain any offers for trades on this as long as the value is a close match.

I have an Oscillating Edge/belt Spindle Sander that is relatively new as well that I could trade for the right deal.

If nothing there interests you then perhaps I can find something else that does. Or at least let me know how much cash you would be looking for.

That looks like it may work. Do you have any 175w bulbs that could go with it? I found one other 250w PFO ballast for a little more but I think I would prefer 175w since the tank is only 16" deep. I can't read the smaller print on it. Does it give a manufacturer name there?

I also have 3 175 PHO Ballast if you are interested. I would trade one of them straight across for your CO2 tank.

I thought you found a CO2 bottle already? It was the reason you gave for pulling out of the LR trade.

Yes' date=' I do have a 175 watt bulb I will include.[/quote']

Can you send me a PM with contact info. (Address, Phone) so I can take a look at it? Perhaps later today if you will be available.

Yes I did find a CO2 bottle. I could use a 2nd for a straight across trade.

I went with a 250w instead. I may be switching back to the 400w anyway though as I'm not sure the 250w is sufficient. (I need to try a different bulb first)