Flower pot Goniopora

ClayTheSavageFraser

OOOOOO......AAAAAAA.......I like it! I hope my polyps come out. I don't think they will for a while. I didn't acclimate it real slow like the podcast said. A few of my polyps are starting to come out. I hope they survive! I have been doing my research and i really love these coral now!! Shoots, I love all coral!

Clay

I am with you Clay. I find every coral I see to be extremely interesting. Even brown turd corals like button polyps or aiptasia are interesting in their own right.

Goniopora are a bit harder to keep than some of the other LPS out there. Make sure that you feed regularly and proved it with moderate light and flow. I have had them many times and have had really good luck when I feed them every couple of days. Green and yellow seem to be harder to keep from what I have observed. Reds, pinks, and even purples or maroons have been a bit easier. Alveopora are also very similar and should be treated the same in regard to regular feeding and moderate light and flow.

Garrett

Had one for about 18 months before it finally withered away, I did listen to that podcast at the time but the suggestions only helped for a while. The green ones should stay in the ocean, the purple ones seem to do better.