Going to Steinhart Aquarium...

coralreefer

In response to Japanese aquarium vimeo video (which was just awesome), I'm taking first vacation in a couple of years...next week driving the family through the redwoods, to San Francisco and back up through Yosemite...

While in S.F., going to the newly remodeled Steinhart Aquarium, which now boasts the world's largest indoor coral reef!!! I am trying to get a tour behind the scenes to see pump room, etc.

Below is a link to youtube video...I am hoping to get some behind the scenes video while there and will post anything worthwhile here when I return...

DrMerle(clap)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-TR9g1ckNQ

I've been there and its AMAZING!! Unfortunately I was with my family, so I wasn't able to stop and stare quite as long as I would have liked to. But it was truely beautiful. The rest of the academy of science is awesome as well.

If you're planning to go to the Golden Gate bridge, make sure to view it from Fort Point. You can find it by following the water front with the ocean on your right. Much less crowded than the regular viewing area, and a really neat angle on the bridge. Have fun!

Here are a couple photos from my last trip down there. As you may find out, weather in Frisco can be unpredictable.....sometimes its REALLY foggy. Unfortunately, the day that I went this was the case. The photo on the ipod is what that view is supposed to be life from Ft. Point. LOL

post-3138-141867746538_thumb.jpg

post-3138-14186774654_thumb.jpg

post-3138-141867746542_thumb.jpg