Help with ID...

tanktop74

This is a small anemone, size of a 50 cent piece. This tips are more pink than the picture shows and the foot is white. Any ideas what kind it is??

This first pic show the color best... but is blurry....

[ATTACH]5190[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5191[/ATTACH]

Thanks,

Beth

post-5820-14186777708_thumb.jpg

post-5820-141867777083_thumb.jpg

It looks like a rose bubble tip that may be lacking nourishment. (The foot is probably supposed to be more pink with darker tips) Mine both have some white at the base of the tips however the foot itself is pink on them. It may also have been dyed that color. (Can you give more details on where it came from, etc.) Is it being fed regularly? If not try giving it chunks of shell fish (sea scallops, shrimp, etc.) every couple of days that are small enough for it to eat.

It looks like a rose bubble tip that may be lacking nourishment. (The foot is probably supposed to be more pink with darker tips) Mine both have some white at the base of the tips however the foot itself is pink on them. It may also have been dyed that color. (Can you give more details on where it came from' date=' etc.) Is it being fed regularly? If not try giving it chunks of shell fish (sea scallops, shrimp, etc.) every couple of days that are small enough for it to eat.[/quote']

I bought it last night from this lady parting out her tank. She told me it was rare and that she fed it shrimp regularly. If it truly is rare I go a great deal, $15 buck for both the LR and the Anemone.

I have Rod's food, is that not the best thing for the anemone? Should I get some shrimp?? Just store bought fresh/frozen ok??

Thanks!

Beth

I bought it last night from this lady parting out her tank. She told me it was rare and that she fed it shrimp regularly. If it truly is rare I go a great deal, $15 buck for both the LR and the Anemone.

I have Rod's food, is that not the best thing for the anemone? Should I get some shrimp?? Just store bought fresh/frozen ok??

Thanks!

Beth

Rods food is probably good for the fish and corals that can't eat the larger pieces. I would get small scallops from the grocery store and then maybe soak them in Vita Chem as well. I.E. Take a small piece of scallop and then put a few drops of the vita chem on it and let it soak for a few minutes. I suggest the scallops as you don't have to cut the shell away and therefore it's easier to use for feeding. (It's what I normally feed to my anemones, my fungia, and my trigger gets some occasionally as well) If it's a Rose (Which is what it looks like) then it is one of the more desirable anemones. (Most of them on this site sell for about $40 but they are larger) I would say it is a good deal as long as it colors back up. (I'm pretty sure it should be a darker color)