Which goes first Clownfish or rocks?

deans7269

Are you selling both? If so then sell the rocks first. If not then you may be able to partition off the tank to make it easier without removing the rocks. I made a folding partition from Egg Crate which I can put into the tank with it partially open and then I feed them on one side so they go to that side and then close the opening. Usually I do this with 2 people so one can keep the partition in place. Alternatively pull the rocks out as mentioned above. With Ocellaris you also might get away with just netting them since they don't seem to be as likely to go behind the rocks. Not sure why but I've had pretty good luck catching ocellaris compared to others. I have a Jewel Damsel I gave up on catching awhile back when I wanted to quarantine it after seeing something that looked like a fungus. No matter what I did to lure it out it wouldn't get anywhere near anything to trap it. I even tried building a fish trap and left it in overnight. After a week or so whatever it had on it went away.

The side of the tank they are on has less rocks. I should be able to come up with something like that. Thanks for advice. Anyone else has ideas please post here.

I was thinking 100.00 for the pair. Theyve been together for six months. They seem to be at or close to maturity. The rock and corals alone are worth 100.00. They swim together and do the funny mating motions a lot. They are not bright red. But I read up on it. The red coloration will return quickly with brighter lighting.

I would get rid of the rocks first. But if its possible for me too catch them without disturbing them to much. That has to be better! I have just left my net in the tank. Hanging there. So far they are not afraid of it. I think if they get used to it. It will make it easier to catch them.

Clowns should be easy to catch as they are not a real smart fish(laugh) My black and whites took about 5 mins to catch. Just go slow about it with the net and they should be easy. If you are lucky they might just swim into the net:D

100.00 for the pair the corals and the rock. They are acclimated to the corals which is not easy to do. They were in there for two months before they finally started using the corals. I cannot say for certain they are a breeding pair. But I floated them in plastic bags at the same time when I got them. They hit it off instantly. They seem to behave like a pair. The rock has a little cave inside with the hole you can see through. The lady is about 4 inches long, the male is 3 inches long. I paid 100.00 for the corals. Ive got 150.00 into all of it. Once I get rid of the fish then I can post the rest up.

...as they are not a real smart fish(laugh) .....
I was going to say the same thing but decided not to. They may be a bit stupid but they can definitely be aggressive. I've got one that takes chunks out of rubber gloves. (Started using the gloves after she drew blood)

100.00 for the pair the corals and the rock. They are acclimated to the corals which is not easy to do. They were in there for two months before they finally started using the corals. I cannot say for certain they are a breeding pair. But I floated them in plastic bags at the same time when I got them. They hit it off instantly. They seem to behave like a pair. The rock has a little cave inside with the hole you can see through. The lady is about 4 inches long' date=' the male is 3 inches long. I paid 100.00 for the corals. Ive got 150.00 into all of it. Once I get rid of the fish then I can post the rest up.[/quote']

Were they the same size when you bought them? How many rocks? Approx. weight maybe? What type of corals?

The fish and corals are in the youtube video. Listen to the sound part you will see me describing them. I'm not sure what kind of corals they are. Just the 1 rock goes with the fish. its about 10lbs maybe and the two corals. The female was 3 inches and the male 2 inches when I got them. The rest of the tank will go later. Whoever is interested in the fish can have first crack at the rest and make me an offer. 75 gallon acrylic. 5ft long 2 feet high 18 inches deep. between 50-70 lbs of rock all together. Oh and 1 sixline wrasse. 1 Serpent Starfish Some snails and a few crabs. And a few other critters that came in some of the live rock I bought.

This tank is somewhat of a mystery. I'm looking around. I'm seeing 7-10 different tiny sets of tentacles coming from the rocks. The only thing I can figure is that my large 10" serpent Starfish has somehow reproduced by itself. Kinda cool! The tentacles are too small for pictures or video. I will try though.

Hers the rest of my tank.

I was going to say the same thing but decided not to. They may be a bit stupid but they can definitely be aggressive. I've got one that takes chunks out of rubber gloves. (Started using the gloves after she drew blood)

My black and white female was the same way. Anytime my hand went in the tank she would strikeDOH! That was one reason I decided clown fish were not for me anymore(laugh)