CO's 75 Gallon Frag Tank

COReefer

Ok here goes nothing. I've been waiting for some time to be able to build a frag tank and now it's gonna happen. My tank will be a standard 75 acrylic. I would like to have had a more shallow tank but since this one was really really close to free, there really was no way to argue with it. For Lighting I have a pfo 2 x175 mh ballast and sockets. (taking recommendations on bulbs but I'm thinking iwasaki 15K). My skimmer is a pci ps1000 and return pump is a gen x gx6000. As far as flow goes, I'm thinking of doing the magnetic seios or some koralias. I'm not really sure on that one. Anyway, Here are pics of the start up.

Tank (still dirty)

100_0700.jpg

Lighting Stuff

100_0701.jpg

Sump

100_0699.jpg

Skimmer

100_0697.jpg

Return pump

100_0695.jpg

yeah I'm gonna use the stand that the tank is sitting on in the pic. For the canopy, I have a fixture that I stripped a while back to retro the pc's that were in it into the canopy on my 150. It's very light weight so I am going to use that to mount my reflectors and sockets in and I'm going to hang it.

So we have water in it now. I just filled it up with tap water, kicked the pump on. I wasn't too sure if the overflow was going to be able to handle the return but it works great. Next will be draining, cleaning, and filling up with ro water.