Spa Flex Hose

downhill_biker

Well originally I bought spa flex hose for my plumbing install. The white spiral stuff...

This stuff is the most expensive hose at home depot, not only that but it is EXTREMELY hard to use...EXTREMELY. It is very stiff, so bending around corners is very difficult and getting it one a hose barb fitting is [language filter] near impossible. I was soaking in boiling water for 1 minute, then jamming it on there, and only getting half way. I tried longer, even up to 3 minutes, only to get the hose on half way.

I am going to lowes now to get the clear or clear woven hose. It is much more flexible, and I will just use hose clamps to make it a guaranteed seal. Using the spa flex is pretty much like using hard plastic.

It'll soften in the heat and "unwind". If you can after you cut to length maybe just run some hot water thru it, or if it's hot enough outside, just lay the roll in the sun and see what happens.

At HD and Lowes it is pricey, but on line besides shipping might be less spendy.

It is not made for "hose barbs" but infact is just like regular PVC pipe and goes into the fittings, ie.. coupler, elbow, ect ect not made for hose barbs. That's why you were having so much trouble.

http://flexpvc.com/

http://www.savko.com/

well crap. i wish i would have known it was supposed to fit right on pvc. that would have made it a bunch easier i am guessing. i already went and bought the clear woven hose, and am going to use that. i guess a $40 lesson is a lot cheaper than some of the lessons I have learned in this hobby.

Remember - post a ?? before you spend that $$.

That woven hose is pressure rated and will stand up to a Dart or something like that.

Here's a little tip on your next plumbing job with spa-flex: you can use a chopsaw to cut it to length and then just chamfer the edge so it'll go in easier. Some people like to prime both the hose and the fitting for a better "glue fit" some don't bother with the primer.

But, keep the light off of it or it'll grow algae. I had that stuff in/on my first tank and eventually switched over to rigid PVC, PITA to keep clean

good luck