More Fish Tank People feedback

JeffP

Just wanted to give people an update on the happenings with Doran over my tank. I went to pick it up on Monday June 5th only to realize that not all of the equipment was there, specifically I was missing multiple power cords for fans and lighting equipment. Doran said he'd check at home for them and get them to me. On the 12th, I sent him the following PM inquiring about them - and just like i said in the PM - I'm posting the results of this here.

The rest of my equipment

It's been 4 business days. Have you tracked down the remainder of my missing equipment? I'm missing 2 power cords for the fans, a power cord for the LED system, nets, fish traps, aqua gloves.

If you cannot find them - how will you replace these for me?

If you do not reply by Monday June 15 @ 3pm, I will be posting about this on the forum as well so others know more detail about how you treat equipment that is in your possession - and that you refuse to complete a transaction, as well as misplace and not take responsibility for your actions.

Doran still refuses to accept responsibility for the water damage that occurred to the tank stand - which I will now need to sand down and refinish. As mentioned in my other thread - there were cracks in the varnish when it went to Doran, and those aren't my concerns. The concerns were the black fungus/mold that grew on the wood and the condensation on the electronics. And without having all my power cords - I'm unable to verify the tank is in working condition since taking it from his store.

And for those wondering - I received zero response from Doran regarding this PM. Nor has he made any attempt to contact me about my missing equipment. Regarding the aqua gloves, traps, etc - When Doran initially picked up the tank these were put in the package in an attempt to sell a full, complete setup for someone to be able to get all they needed at once. He claims I said he could keep them for his personal use, and while I did say that about some tiny tanks that was not said about the rest of the equipment. Sadly, I neglected to get the detail of this in writing so it's going to be one's word versus another's.

I thought this should be brought to light as well.

• 2 weeks later...

It was the tank he was selling, and then raffling off for me, outlined in another FTP feedback thread that was unfortunately locked.

I need cords for my fans, my LED system and possible my ballast for the actinics - I haven't looked closely because I am letting everything dry out fully before even attempting to plug things in. Doran is aware of what he still has - or at the very least he should be aware of it seeing as it was in his possession for approx 5 months, and was supposed to go out the door complete.

I hope every thing works out for you and you get your cords back! but honestly if everything still works and you go by the shop a couple times on the weekend and he isnt there or makes more excuses I would chalk it up as a lesson learned and see if ya cant work out a deal with another LFS to replace the lost cords and eather re finnish the stand or just figure that the time involved wouldnt add up to what it may be worth after refinnishing, and try selling it yourself. Or take it as an omen for you to set it up again, " It is your destony luke"

I have followed the other thread. I think the whole thing sucks because I was wanting to have a place within a few miles of my house for supplies and stuff. Im not sure its gonna make it now. Bummer

Jay

• 4 weeks later...