Reef nerds can't get dates so hang out in Chat on Friday nights

andy

Business conference... My travel schedule is crazy! this trip has also been nuts.

Pulled all nighter Wednesday night because I was doing crap way too late

6 am PST flight to Chicago (went smoothly)

1:10 pm CST Flight to DC canceled (mechanical problems)

Call United

Booked for 2:10 pm CST

Delayed - New Departure 2:45 pm CST

Delayed - New Departure 3:46 pm CST

Delayed - New Departure 4:00 pm CST(4 minutes? come on!)

Flight canceled

Auto rebooked for a 6:00 am CST flight the next morning

Call United to get on a new flight

4:00 pm flight reinstated with new departure time of 5:45

United places me on the 5:45 CST

Flight canceled- Mechanical problems (2 mechanical problematic flights that I was scheduled to be on? not much faith in flying at this point)

Call United

Can't get on 6:24 pm CST departure

Can't get on 7:00 pm CST Departure

Hold 51 minutes on the phone with sporadic check ups by the agent on the line.

Booked on American for 7:00 pm CST departure

Flight delayed until 8:10 pm CST

Flight delayed until 8:40 pm CST

Fly to DC

Arrive just after 11:00 pm EST (14 hours after leaving Portland... luckily baggage made it)

Get to hotel around midnight

proceed to answer emails

Climb in bed around 2 am EST

Wake Up at 6 am EST/ 3 am PST (4 hours of sleep)

Struggle to stay awake during meetings.

I HATE EAST COAST TRAVEL!

I fly back to Portland tomorrow (i'm hoping the return flight isn't a fiasco!), and then up to anchorage on Tuesday.

Fly to fairbanks on wednesday, fly back to anchorage on Wednesday

Fly to Juneau on Thursday

Fly back to Portland on Friday.

Drive to Pasco on Monday

Drive to Yakima on Tuesday

Drive to Wenatchee on Wednesday

Drive Back to Portland on Wednesday

This month is going to be the death of me!

I really don't know. I'm not expecting the temp to get to high as I have HQI tanks with lids that don't get above 80 at the hottest w/ the AC running. I already have a coral life timer to time the lights. What else would the controller be good for?

Are you looking for a controller that will do everything? If so I have The Reefkeeper Elite with NET module and love it!

Marrk do you find that your controller PH reads on the low side?. Have you checked it against anything else. When I got mine I was shocked that my PH was so low

bought the Tunze Osmolator ATO. No controller yet. Recommendations?

If you have a iPhone, go only with aquacontroller 3. That's what I use my self. I can view all my stats and grafts, change the program, control manually, run backups, all of that is done from my iPhone. Pretty much the best set up you can get. It's not pink either!!(laugh)

Marrk do you find that your controller PH reads on the low side?. Have you checked it against anything else. When I got mine I was shocked that my PH was so low

I think my controller is reading about .1 - .2 low, which is not too bad. My ph hovers right around 8 most of the day (as long as I suppliment in the morning) and my test kits say it is just above that normally. I did just calibrate the probe finally :) I wonder if the stock ph probe from DA is not extremely accurate?

How low does yours read?

I really don't know. I'm not expecting the temp to get to high as I have HQI tanks with lids that don't get above 80 at the hottest w/ the AC running. I already have a coral life timer to time the lights. What else would the controller be good for?

A number of things...you can check from the web and (eventually) control from the web (Digital Aquatics is working on the control software which will be offered for free). IF you do overheat, it will start shutting down lights and email you alerts. If your heater ever gets stuck on, a controller will shut it down so you don't cook your tank. If you ever decide to control a Ca reactor then you would do so with the controller. Auto top off? Yep, the controller can do that as well. Wavemaker? yep. control moon lights to follow the lunar cycle? Yep. Multiple timers for various items? yep.

****** Give you a piece of mind? OH YEAH! *******

FYI I'm pulling another all nighter for this flight home (it's already 2:22 in DC). I'm going to be dead to the world today (sunday)

A controller sounds like a good deal. I was waffling on getting one or not.

Sorry for you. I am on my iPhone, in my bed, waiting for my wife to go to sleep.

Sorry for you. I am on my iPhone' date=' in my bed, waiting for my wife to go to sleep.[/quote']

why must you wait for your wife to go to sleep?

afraid of the (wife)

or she'll be to tired to resist the (plotting)(agree)

lol

I think my controller is reading about .1 - .2 low, which is not too bad. My ph hovers right around 8 most of the day (as long as I suppliment in the morning) and my test kits say it is just above that normally. I did just calibrate the probe finally :) I wonder if the stock ph probe from DA is not extremely accurate?

How low does yours read?

After doing some reading, I found that PH probes when new and first calibrated should begin with an Offset about 0.00. I can see the Offset and Slope in my config tabs. When I started I kept tabs on all the #'s and recorded that the stock probes when calibrated started out at 0.21-0.35 which would give a lower PH reading over time and should be replaced when the Offset goes over say 0.50-0.60. If I manually reset the Offset to a lower # the PH value woud be higher. I recently replaced my probe with a "lab" grade probe and for the first time when calibrated the Offset was 0.02!! and my PH has been reading from 8.2-8.3 yay!. the probe I tossed I calibrated at the same time and the Offset was 0.76