Found my wrasse behind my tank

impur

The other day mine jumped out and caught a bunch of air. Found him behind the tank and put him back in and he went right into the pistol shrimps hole, then I heard the claw fire. Thought he was a goner but next morning he was out and about in the tank. What kind was yours?

Not great in SW -- they get covered by salt creep really easily, cutting down on lighting intensity. Gas exchange isn't so big a deal on tanks with skimmers, but some people dislike them for limiting that as well.

I've learned my lesson with glass lids on FW tanks. Metal Halide causes stupid evaporation, and the typical fish in my FW tanks are both rare and pricey. Losing a fish that you can't get again for another 8 months isn't something i look forward to. Even in FW i still have to use vinegar and clean off hard water marks. Doesn't seem like too much trouble to do every couple of weeks to keep from having reef jerky.

jumping wrasse

(sad)sorry to hear about your loss..it really s*cks when they jump I have lost several firefish and one dotty back. A couple of times I noticed right away and got them back in ok other times I found a petrified one behind the tank.(flame)

:USA::Scotland::Oregon:

Hadn't seen my wrasse for about 3 days' date=' so i started searching behind the tank. Sure enough. Must have jumped out while i had the eggcrate off doing a WC or something. Grrr.[/quote']

Are you talking about the yellow coris? Sorry man, you have the worst luck with your jumping, my open top (knock on wood) has had NO fish jump other than a single chromis for over a year.

Tank covers are overrated. I've had wrasses and firefish jump through eggcrate.

I,ve had what i would call a large blue spot jawfish rope a hole in eggcrate as well.I diddent even think it would fit. My solution was to put window screen on the back of my hood, so even if they jump they cant hit the floor.

Well i was at Liquid Sunshine today and they had 3 yellow coris wrasses. So i snagged the smallest one. He is in my QT tank with a tupperware container full of sand to sleep in. So far he's just swimming against the current but sure does look nice!