GarrettM85

CA2OR

Garrett never ceases to amaze. I had yet another excellent experience with Garrett yesterday. Was looking for a few emerald crabs to assist clean up crew and came home with 3 active little guys to join the 1 emerald I already have and the SLF. I even got a red one(scratch). Not to mention the horse shoe crab he hooked me up with(whistle). Garrett you are awesome.(clap) If you guys have yet to have an interaction with Garrett, I highly urge you to do so. Very nice pricing when buying, very generous when trading. Gives great advice.

The Horseshoe is a blast to watch. I have one that is about 1 1/2" across and it comes out of the sand every couple of days. When it does it swims upside down in the water current for awhile. (Actually kind of rides the currents with its legs peddling super fast to steer it around) After awhile (If it doesn't get sucked against the powerhead) it burrows back under and stays there for another couple of days.

We used to catch horseshoe crabs when I was a kid in Texas. We used to use them at "race day." Imagine, a whole bunch of elementary school kids racing horseshoe crabs and armadillos.

Are the horseshoe crabs reef safe? Really?

Yes, they are reef safe. At least the smaller ones are anyway. Depending upon the species they can grow quite large which could be an issue but otherwise they pretty much just eat what they can find under the sand.

the only problem I have had with him is that he moves frags that are in the sand. Oh' date=' and he gives my wife the creeps.[/quote']

LOL, Interestingly enough it doesn't do that with my wife. She gets creeped out by the Peppermint Shrimp and the Sally LightFoot Crab. Funny thing is that the Red Fire Shrimp is one of "Her" creatures. Something to do with the translucent appearance of the Peppermint Shrimp that she doesn't like.