Some pictures of my tank

TAD

It is a montipora sp. I have only seen it here in the NW and havn't ever been able to find a solid name. It looks closest to a Montipora spongodes or Montipora confusa.

It almost has some green and purple tints to it. I am hoping they come through a bit stronger.

It almost has some gree and purple tints to it. I am hoping they come through a bit stronger.

Might be a Spongodes then. Here's one that I had - the new growth I think starts out purple then fades to green. i found the color was better with lower light.

DSC_1643.jpg

Tad,

I have the same morph I think. I will be keeping mine in the middle of the tank at first. Mine has the greenish color showing up now. The polyps are a sort of brown but I have seen them turn to purple in past pieces that I have had. Also the body gets much more flourcent green tints over time as mentioned above.

Garrett

spongodes has recessed coralites, that piece has raised nodules, totally different structure... unless it is going to grow out and change drastically, there is no reasonable way that is an m. spongodes

greenmonti_smaller.jpg

IMG_7720.jpg

those are spongodes. trying to identify species simply by color is only useful for zoas :)