Skimmer waste as garden fertilizer?

I dont have a good spot yet for a compost pile, I just recently cleared room for the garden area. So as soon as I have a compost area thats for sure what I will do. Hopefully this weekend I'll have time.

Until then, do you think it would be to potent to spot feed directly at the base of plants in the garden?

I'm not sure I would try this because every where I have dumped saltwater in my yard' date=' the grass is dead.[/quote']

Yep....killed a rhodadendren (spelling test?) and 2 bushes in my yard plus there is 2 big brown spots where I always drain the water.

Jay

Yep....killed a rhodadendren (spelling test?) and 2 bushes in my yard plus there is 2 big brown spots where I always drain the water.

Jay

Oh yeah I know straight up salt water would kill em, but the skimmer sludge shouldn't have as much salt in it as compaired to a bucket from a water change.

I'll start dumping my skimmate on a random weed or plant in my yard and take some photos of the before and after for a couple weeks.

If I can find any more info on it online I'll post it as well.

this will throw a stick in your spokes. I was dumping my saltwater waste in one grassy area and it was killing the grass so I started dumping it in another grassy area 10 from it because I wanted a flower bed there anyway. Well when I pour it over that grass it only made it look healthier and greener. It does what I don't want it to do in both spots and there is virtually no difference... tell me how that works out???DOH!