August BBQ Poll

Kevinmc

August BBQ Poll  

1. 1.

• Yes, just myself will be attending.
    • Yes, I will attend with one guest.
    • Yes, I will attend with two guests.
    • Yes, I will attend with three or more guests.
    • No, I will not be able to attend.
    • Undecided at this time

Hi!

I have seen lots of posts regarding the BBQ and the officers/board members are looking forward to meeting with everyone for a day of fun. We wanted to see if we could get an approximate head count, so here is a poll. We all realize that things come up and plans change, but this would really assist us in the planning of activities and food and such.

Thanks in advance for voting and hope to see you all there.

Kevin

I am sure that we would all love to be able to attend the picnic. As we all know with gas prices being what it is, sometimes even ride share becomes cost prohibitive. This is one of the reasons that I believe we should stagger locations of events and activities that "our" club offers. I am not standing on a soap box to rant, I just believe that we can find ways to unite our club rather then divide it.

This is why it is so important to know how many people live in what areas so that all of our club activities are not continually condensed into one area. I like the idea of ride share, and I also like the fact that I-5 travels both north and south for a reason.

As an Officer it is my duty to attend all club functions. It is also my duty to serve all members when it comes to club functions, and this is something that will be looked at when new club functions that were not previously established are planned.

Thank you in advance for your understanding,

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...
I am sure that we would all love to be able to attend the picnic. As we all know with gas prices being what it is, sometimes even ride share becomes cost prohibitive. This is one of the reasons that I believe we should stagger locations of events and activities that "our" club offers. I am not standing on a soap box to rant, I just believe that we can find ways to unite our club rather then divide it.

This is why it is so important to know how many people live in what areas so that all of our club activities are not continually condensed into one area. I like the idea of ride share, and I also like the fact that I-5 travels both north and south for a reason.

As an Officer it is my duty to attend all club functions. It is also my duty to serve all members when it comes to club functions, and this is something that will be looked at when new club functions that were not previously established are planned.

Thank you in advance for your understanding,

Kevin

Nope understand completely wish I could attend myself but until its brought down a tad closer or I can arrange something else during that time to justify expense I and many others in my area wont be attending.

Thank you for your interest, I am working on this issue this week. This is a huge concern of many from Salem south to Eugene and from Eugen to Medford.

We are planning an event to be held in Eugene in September that will mirror this BBQ. The difference will be a DIY project that will be the focus and we will have good eats for this event.

In our first Lane County Meet and Greet we talked yesterday about 3 DIY project to do before the weather turns sour. The first one will be a project to proivde the much needed and long awaited support for Tanks for Treacher. This will be a lot of fun so please be watching for a new thread coming this week.

You are not going to be excluded because of the distance, as much has been in the works for a few month. With this new officers term starting July 1st, things are going to be moved around for several reason.

Please support our efforts to move thing closer to the middle, as you are valued just as much as the next.

Thank you in advance for your patience,

Kevin

nyles i can give a ride from eugene if you want to chip in a little for gas. i will have room for 1 more' date=' so you can be it if you let me know. so far me, cora, franklin, and _______?[/quote']

Thanks bud, if I go the whole family will go so I will be taking the minivan if we go that route.

Thanks for the generous offer though.

well...cora said she probably wont go, so that leaves 2 seats in my car. anyone who wants to go let me know. lets fill up those seats and not waste the opportunity. we will probably make a day of it and stop at upscales, waves, and a few other LFS, maybe Albeni Aquarium if the timing works out, but i doubt that.

A Eugene/Corvallis area BBQ would be great next year if arrangements and permits are done by someone living in that area.

Just a note to everyone. Reservations for a picnic in a City Park, Community Center, etc. are best made by a resident of that city for minimal fees. Actually, the permit just needs to be in a Resident's name that will assume responsibility.

There should be enough time to arrange ride sharing for southern folks.:) If anyone down there has any idea of a cool location for our 2009 BBQ, let us know!

Hey Kevin... I did a bit of looking into Eugene area parks. I hope this is helpful.

Trying to find more info on Fern Ridge Reservoir other than camping spaces. Fees are $20 per site and $6 per extra vehicle.

Armitage Park has got to be nice on the McKenzie River. Reserved Picnic Areas: Includes five (5) sites that will accommodate from 100 to 200 people. The fees range from $100 to $200 depending on the site.

Unreserved Picnic Areas: Individual picnic tables are sited throughout the turf area.

Other than charging as much as they do, it looks nice.

Another option might be Skinner-Butte Park in Eugene. I don't see actual fees online, but I'm sure they will give you a quote for a 3 hour picnic, with no amplified music, and no vendors.

Contact Debbie Moulton

Park Rental Coordinator

City of Eugene, Parks and Open Space Division

1820 Roosevelt Blvd.

Eugene, OR 97402

Phone: (541) 682-4812

http://www.eugene-or.gov/portal/server.pt?space=CommunityPage&control=SetCommunity&CommunityID=675&PageID=1568

http://www.eugene-or.gov/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=1538&parentname=CommunityPage&parentid=1&mode=2&in_hi_userid=2&cached=true

I would like to look into parks for next year as well. It is the understanding of many that a central location is preferred, and this is exactly what I am willing to work very hard for this term.

I will not be President next year, therefore, I would like to plan to bring the club to a common understanding that participation depends on a few factors, one being location, location, location. This is the promise that I have made, and I intend to fulfill for this my term in office as club President.

We could easily have 100-150 people or more attend any function that we offer like our BBQ, or special guest speaking event, if we would just decide to do central location. We are missing the opportunity to meet face –to-face with great people that we have never met, or have not seen in months. Plus, this would give the club the opportunity to promote our events and bring new people into the club, or new people into the hobby.

We will do this as a club this term; and we will promote PNWMAS as a club that is reaching out to involve everyone in a central location for the growth of this club.

Thank you for your understanding

Kevin