Fish assortment for a 55 gallon reef

willbowen03

If you got a small Kole or Tomini I don't think it would absolutely outgrow your tank in the next two years. They only get 6-7in fully grow. One thing you may want to consider in your fish choices is to get fish that will eat flake or pellets so you can use an autofeeder over breaks.

Are you planning on getting your fish before the move or after? Not sure if you are aware but Pets Are People Too and Palouse Pets in Moscow both sell saltwater and will also special order fish for you. There may be more but too but I've been to Aquatic Dreams and Aquarium Solutions in Spokane. Can't remember the name but there is also a shop in Lewiston

I set up my entire 37g tank from pets are people too. They were absolutely great in getting me set up. Also the live rock that I bought from them has been great with no apastia or any problems like that. I will probably be buying my new live rock from them when I get back and starting the tank then. I am going to bring the 37 back with me to school as well to keep my current fish and my few corals happy til the 55 gets done with its cycle. I am going to use a few scoops of the live sand from the old tank during moving to kick start the other tank, along with live rock/fuge setup.

I did not know about Palouse Pets until recently. I went online and searched for Saltwater fish pet stores and all I got was Pets are people too. I will have to definately check them out as I would like to be able to order what I want rather than just chosing from their standard stock. I was thinking about getting a Kole or Tomini after reading someones post earlier in the general forums, and seeing the beautiful fish that he was looking at from Waves.

I just have to resist the urge to start the tank cycle before I go to school, although I guess moving ~40 gallons of water is not that much harder than 30...

Must have self control...