I have to share...

reefgeek84

I may be getting kicked of RC, LOL. I posted something that was over the line I guess, but anyone who know's me would deem it funny and harmless, but BIG BAD Steve, sent me some asking me to explain myself and my comment, or else I would be a goner...

here is my response...

"I guess from your standards it is not ok on this site. As for a good explination, that I do not have...it is me and who I am, I am very respected in the work I do on a daily basis, so you can try and pin this on charcter, but that will do nothing. I apologize if I offended you or anyone else, it was my way of showing the price of something was insane and it got my point across. I have been a fairly active member of this board and contribute to alot of posts and I am helpful and I rarely instigate anything on this board at all. But it is obsurd for you to ask me if I have reasonable explaination for saying something like this, as you know I do not, other then the simple fact that I did it. I will watch my tounge, but if you must ban me, then so be it...But I hope you do not rule your household or your life with the way that you are handling this...A simple warning is more fair, but if you would like to wield you power of being a mod, by demanding I explain myself, knowing that I can not give you the explaination you are looking for, just to ban me; then I guess that false sense of power will let you down with me on this one. I will not beg you to let me stay, but I have apologized for what I said and that is all I can really give you. I guess the ball is in your court.

If I can not log in anymore I guess I will have my answer.

_Brandon"

Just the PM he wrote me was so pompus... I can see why people now do not like that place.

so share the good stuff what did you write that caused him to PM you in the first place?

Also lets read his pompus pm to you.

I wrote...

"it better suck me and F--k me for that much money"

His Pm went like this...

"it better suck me and F--k me for that much money" is so far out line I am not going to comment any further then that. You better give me a good explaaination for saying this if you want to be considered able to stay active on RC.

I personaly think it should have been...something like this

"This is not allowed, please refrain from doing this again or else it will mean termination of your account on RC" call me crazy...

his response to my PM back

"It has nothing whatsoever to do with what my standards are. What is does have to do with RC Standards and the fact that you have violated the UA.

http://reefcentral.com/agreement.php

1. POSTING: You agree not to post, transmit or link to any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind,

I've used that phrase a few times, but I have the sense not to use it on a family friendly board where young kids and people without that kind of a sense of humor come to learn about reefing. There is such a thing as respect of others.

I do agree with one part of what you said......if you can't log on you will know why.

Steve

Reef Central retains ownership of this message and all associated contents, which are to remain confidential. This message is intended only for the designated recipient(s). Sharing, forwarding or posting of this information, without prior consent, may result in the loss of posting privileges on Reef Central's forums."

and then my response back to him...

"Wow, you are so very powerful and witty it seems. I guess an honest apologize does not work for people that flex their internet mucsles... I really think that there is a much more mature way to deal with this, but I guess you lack that in human relation skills. Like I said I apologize for it...but that is a far as I am going to go, because again you and I know that I have no explantion and that is very pompus for you to try and force me to explain myself, when you know I can not do so.

I will not beg to stay on your board (I would like to stay on here) but my life is probably the only thing I would beg for or a large sum of money :D .

Again... I did not mean for what I said to offend anyone. That is my apology, take it or leave it.

_Brandon"

Ok a new mod has written me...

His PM-

"I have viewed both sides of the conversation you have had with smiller. Half of your PMs are what we want. The other half we can do without.

You were wrong in what you posted. It was well beyond anything that is even remotely acceptable on our board. Your "explanation" could have been as simple as "sorry, I wasn't thinking."

Instead, you decided to take the Moderator to task for chastising you. Picking a fight with a Moderator won't keep you on the site. Whether you like how he phrased what he said to you or not, you were the one who was out-of-line.

You have already apologized for your post, and I accept that. However, I will not accept insulting and fighting with a volunteer Moderator on this site from any member. That behavior is one of the quickest ways to becoming an ex-member.

So, stay or go, what do you want to do?

Kevin

Anemone

RC Staff

RC retains ownership of this message and all associated contents, which are to remain confidential. This message is intended only for the designated recipient(s). Sharing, forwarding or posting of this information, without prior consent, may result in the loss of posting privileges on Reef Central's forums."

My response-

"I'll stay... Thank you for being more civil about this. Again, I apologize for my comment, I will watch my mouth from now on.

_Brandon"

See I can be nice...

What you posted on RC. man that took balls

LOL... I guess....I did not know they were so sensitive on there. I personaly think its a funny statement, but maybe it was a little over the top, but my sense of humor carrries a certain shock factor with it...I like to make people go, "wow, wait...did he really just say that? I can not believe I am laughing at what he just said." LOL... but I had to say on it there... I normaly would not have apologized but that place gets me through my work day when it is slow...

It's funny how people get so wrapped up in the small stuff. Good Lord! Lighten up! That's why I don't even go to RC or TRT anymore. I'd rather stay right here and not worry quite so much about mods power-trippin' and be able to utilize the sense of humor that I was given!

Granted, I still have to rein my humor in. I could make you boys and girls blush and make all of the sponsors stop supporting our club because "that Stacy is a hedonistic pervert"! (laugh)

Don't take any crap from them! Stay here where your opinions and humor are appreciated! :D

Stacy