Need Help Choosing Tank!

TaylorW

Ok so I think I've narrowed it down to two tanks that fit my budget, either one will need something...

TANK #1- (First Two Pictures) First is a 50 gallon reef ready tank with overflow, oak stand and canopy. Only thing I don't like is it has a wet dry filter sump.. this tank is first two pictures, wet dry filter is second picture.. my question is how easy would it be to just swap out the wet dry filter with a sump?? Would I need a different return pump for it or could it be just as simple as removing the wet dry filter and replacing it with a sump? This one is $50 cheaper than tank 2.

TANK #2(Third Picture)- this one is also a 50 gallon, it's an acrylic reef ready with overflow and sump, it doesn't come with return pump though and I'd need help figuring out what return to get, picture #3, only one picture of this one, this one is $50 more by the way...

I need help figuring out which one is better, tank #1 I'm wondering if I can just swap out the wet dry filter for a sump without having to do anything else like getting another return pump, tank #2 I like but would need help figuring out what return pump to use, the seller had it plumbed to a large sump along with his other tanks so he doesn't know exactly what return to use, this one's also $50 more.. I'm not super experienced with sumps and return pumps so this is a tough decision and I'd like as easy and cheap as possible so please any help would be greatly appreciated!!

And depending on which one I go with I'll either be needing a return pump or sump cheap lol. Thanks [emoji4]9741a03b6a4321f76b0afe1ad9fa3a1d.jpg41844555a9bcf151dd4a1ae9558260fe.jpg01b9ec371ed9e1e45b97085992f6ec6c.jpg

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

I’d go with first one. Would be easier to mount lights and also looks a lot better. You can totally gut that wet dry too. You can get a return pump for the 50 bucks you save too.

Edited by R-3

I’d go with first one. Would be easier to mount lights and also looks a lot better. Sometimes you can gut a wet dry filter. I would just buy a sump. You can get a return pump for the 50 bucks you save too.
I like it better looks wise for sure, do you think I'd need a new return pump if I swapped it out for a sump though

3 minutes ago, R-3 said:

I’d go with first one. Would be easier to mount lights and also looks a lot better. You can totally gut that wet dry too. You can get a return pump for the 50 bucks you save too.

This is what I rewrote lol. Does the wet dry have a return pump?  You Should be able to use it

This is what I rewrote lol. Does the wet dry have a return pump?  You Should be able to use it
Oh gosh I'm sorry I didn't mention that lol, yes it has one in the wet dry filter, no clue what it is but they said it works great

Just now, TaylorW said:

In that case I think I'll go with the first one thanks!! What size sump you think? Maybe a 20 gallon?? Do you have one you want to sell lol

I don’t have any extra dumps but I have a brand new 20 long if you can’t find anything $20

I don’t have any extra dumps but I have a brand new 20 long if you can’t find anything $20
I'll definitely let you know!! I've never made one myself but I think I could manage at least that