Anyone now how to set up web cam?

jptrson

Anyone in the Redmond area know how to set up web camera (security cam) to use remotely.

I can't get the port forwarding, IP address thing down. I can pay cash, frags or equipment.

John

i can help...

(I hope)

you can call me or email me directly.

for now, you can check out my tank at

http:mytank.monroviamountain.com:81

sign on using your user name here on this forum, and guest as the password...

Only one person at a time using the same user name.

If you want a separate account, let me know your user name for me to use...

yea, I know about firefox, and will add safari to the list.

Nothing I can do about that. That part, the software to control the camera, is develped by the mfg. and they control what software will and wont work... I got hte camera ON SALE, so go figure as to what will and when things will be updated

But, as far as I can tell on my end, you did log on around 10:30 and 11:20 last night... Or so it says on my end...

Let me know if youw ant some more assistance, you can pm me or somehow get my tele number, that would be better,,,

And at that time of night, it is pretty dark..

The best time to see stuff is between early morning, (6AM) til about 11:30AM or whenever the lights come on...

I usually feed flake before lights come on or right when lights come on.

I feed by hand so it is usually cool to watch.. (nothing like an aquarium feeding, but lettle things for little minds, (me that is)

impur, I will set up an account for you too...

if anyone else wants an account, just let me know...

I am not trying to get anyones info, and GUARANTEE that no info will be exchanged between me and anyone else regarding the use of your username. (and for those that want to know, that is all I get when you log on, just the username and time you log on...) I dont get real names, dont even ask for it...

Ummm,

Actually the camera is down right now.

I dont want any evidence from this last weekend!!!!

I had a catastrophe!!!!

:eek:

I was doing some preventative maintenance on my tank, and was going to take my SEQUENCE DART pump, offline to clean it up, as there was a good a mount of salt creep coming from around the shaft / dry side of the volute...

So, I closed the valves on boths sides of the pump, and loosened the uniions, (2" on teh suction / inlet side) and as soon as I seperated the union, All HELL BROKE LOOSE.

It took about a minute to drain a hundred and thirty some gallons...

It was not pretty. My area rug was under water. Water was flowing out my front door, I found out a half hour later, that water had made it into my bedroom and master bathroom...

I have hard wood floor / the laminate kind, the kind that dont like water, not that any of them do....

I had to stand and think for a bit...

What to do?

Do I tear it down and trash it?

Do, I try to save my corals and live rock, or just let them die while I move all my furniture out.???

I ended up calling on a buddy, reef geek buddy. He told me he had his five year old kid with him, and that he needed to pick up his other kid in a bit,......

He then said he would be right there.....

I was speechless...

Istarted rescuing my coral. I started dropping them down into the water that was left, About five inches, and move as much rock down as possible,and move a ton of coral to my sump, and to buckets, nd even into my mixing barrel,, 100% water change with no acclimation....

I would imagine my coral was ... (flame)

My friend had to drive an hour to get to me. and we finished moving all my furniture out into the front yard. I had rented a shop vac and heavy duty fans, and we started squeegeeing the water out..

Another friend showed up about a half hour later, then another showed up so there were four of us taking care of business...

We got things dried, MOSTLY. and move the furniture back in, except the area rug.

and I got a new valve, 1-1/2" double tru-union valve, $25, and also decided to move the closed loop pump and Oceans motions 4 way, outside, *my sump andfuge and skimmer and all around everything, is outside, as the tank is on an exterior wall, and the area is a covered, enclosed patio...

Around 5PM I was on the search for salt water... I make my own usually, with a ro/di filter, and a 55gal recirc barrel for mixing saltwater, but I needed almost 100gal after my already available water...

My lfs closed right after I got my first batch of water, (i only had 5 five gallon jugs) so after that run, then I bought from a machine in front of the supermarket.. and mixed it up, and waited a WHOLE hour, than added it to my tank...

After that, I was able to get my overflow and sump to work. I was good for the night...

I was able to turn my heaters on.

I am using a RIO 2500 return pump, for my circulation... It really blows. I am impressed...

I spent that sunday reaquascaping with another friend, it took us six hours.

I took out all the rock. AND I caught my nemisis!!!

The blue devils are now exhiled... Life in the sump for now on...

But after that bit of happiness, it was back to work, I sucked out all the sand, (I had a bare bottom, but put in ten lbs of sand to keep som sand creatures happy, but sand is everywhere with 3600 gph circulation...

So, now, I am bare bottom, and my tank is completely differentthen it was.

I have just finished hooking up the skimmer, as I had to relocate things when i plumbed the new closed loop pump outside...

Tomorrow I will start re gluing all my corals in place... That is a pita,.,,

I bout tentubes ofglue from the .99 cent store... 3 per .99 cents, not bad, huh??

Anyways, basically a weekend from hell...

Unbelievble bad luck.

I spoke with a lfs and he claims to hear this story about 5 times a year. Bad valves, leaking balls, cracked housings, and nuts.

I am just glad it is over, and for me, lighting rarely strikes twice????

I got my skimmer online last night, and today, I will work on trying to re-pipe my closed loop return system

Anyone use the OCEANS MOTIONS systems???

I love it btw, very quiet, very low profile, as there is no boxes or motors inside my display tank...

But talk about piping. uggh, I rememeber hooiking it up originally... I dont look forward to it now, but now, I will be plugging the holes on the returns prior to doing anything...