Flatworms on my torch...

Jeremevans

One of my torches wasn't opening normally for the last few days so I pulled them it of the tank for inspection and found bad news...flatworms.

I have three torches and all have some worms and eggs. So, I physically removed all I could see and then dipped them in Bayer.

Any advice on next steps? Should I get a Melanarus wrasse? Are my clams at risk?

4d06a09a3dacc89cccbca82e775939ec.jpg590459ba7414bccc687fdd0ec5a837f5.jpg5645eaa75dc115ec65fbfa7edeb86e7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are euphyllia eating flat worms. That can get really big. Good news is they only eat euphyllia..... bad news, I’ve never had them so I don’t have any advice [emoji51]

Sent while trying to get my next coral fix.....

They have not spread yet and my hammer corals seem to be unaffected so far. 

The good news is that all three torches are opening up again. I showed the picture of the worse one--which I thought was a gonner.

If they only eat Euphyllia's then I'm actually a little relieved. 

@Flash21 does flatworm exit really work on them? I read on some post in a different forum that they were not affected by flatworm x.

I have also used flatworm exit before. Works great but takes two or three treatments only days apart.

And those definitely look like the kind that only eat euphyllia. Bad news is they lay eggs so it’s gonna take a little work to get rid of them. But it can be done!

Sent while trying to get my next coral fix.....

• Like 1

Dip it in a salt water (more salt). The flatworms will die because of the salt concentration.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

France at Home is an online French Supermarket that sells French food products such as bakery, appetizers, cheese, jams, condiments, shampoo, saucisson, french mustard and French bread.

Edited by Franz
  • Like 1

Dip it in a salt water (more salt). The flatworms will die because of the salt concentration.

Interesting. I dipped them in Bayer and that definitely did the trick...and fast.

Does anyone know how fast the eggs hatch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I’d dose flat worm and like Cody said takes serval times about 4-5 days apart.  I wanna say I did a higher dose on mine...it did the trick. The minimum amount was to weak. 

Good Luck, better to nip them in the butt sooner then later 

• Like 1