Filefish

Jeremevans

I've kept them for a long time. Mine have always picked at duncans, acans, clams, trachyphillias, chalice, etc. They have never gone after my big pearl bubble coral. I wouldn't trust them with most really fleshy corals & they might or might not eat your zoanthids. Favias have generally been ok. Eventually they will nip at your clams if they don't do so immediately.

I really really like them in sps tanks. They are neat fish to watch. I have had about 5 over the last ten years & currently have 2. I have one that I move from tank to tank & pull once she starts really damaging the lps which hopefully happens after she has cleaned out most of the aptaisia. I have a tank that has none of the corals they like in it, so that tank has one in permanent residence.

Cuttlefish should have one, I imagine. I know Seahorse had one recently.

Edited by maxicurls
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeremevans said:

I picked one up today from Cuttlefish. I'll share my experience with him. Fingers crossed for him sticking to aptasia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck :laugh: the one I have is useless.........it loves LRS and just stares at the aptasia.........

• Haha 1

I just bought one from Cuttlefish as well. I don't have a single aptasia as the Copper and hasn't allowed one to show it's face in a long time. I do however, have red majanos, a lot of them! I got the file fish because a good number of people have had success with them against majanos.

After the first week I only have bad news to report. This thing eats SPS polyps. I know that it's rather rare, but I've studied it for quite a while and it's certainly nipping at the acros. Perhaps there's something else going on, but I'm pretty confident. I'm giving the fish another week to get it's act together or it's headed back to Jeff.

P.s. Jeff, I might need to return this thing if I can 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Sad 1